24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

oil under the block and pourning out the exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil under the block and pourning out the exhaust

okay so ill start a the beginging its -30 (yes im from canada) i tried to start it wouldnt fire gave it a shot of either ran really rough for 3 min then ran fine proceded to warm up ran for 3 hours i went out shut it off ( turbo timer of 5 min) so 7 hours later i got to start it agian starts just fine no oil pressure alarm or anything i sat in it for about 5 min to make sure i come out 1.5 hours later to discover all my oil pressure has dropped i get out to examine it i find about a litre under the block i havent traced it yet due to cold weather and more oil coming out the exhaust like a steady flow now i have asked around heard everything from
-rings
-turbo
-pcv valve may have frozen up
o ring on a lifter
-cracked head
-hole in block

if anyone has any insight to anything pm me or if you would prefer pm for my number and we can talk on the phone

Old 12-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i had a 99 psd and the turbo seals out and i drove it 200 miles back home and i was leaking oil out the exhaust and like it had a rear main leak, take ur dp off and see if the compressor wheel moves around might be bad seal

oh and the truck was blowin alot of white sm,oke from oil almost like an injector