Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

Hey guys my transmission synchronizers are about shot I went to pull my tranny yesterday and I could not get my transmission to sepererate from my engine I've done these several times to change clutches and never seen anything like this I am just wondering ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2012, 08:08 AM

Default Nv 4500 problem

Hey guys my transmission synchronizers are about shot I went to pull my tranny yesterday and I could not get my transmission to sepererate from my engine I've done these several times to change clutches and never seen anything like this I am just wondering if my pilot bearing could have gone out and welded itself to the input shaft or something I have a valair double disc... Any tips would be appreciated...
Old 12-02-2012, 08:44 AM
High Tech Redneck

Jacob Boness

did you try just taking it out of the bellhousing vs all of it at once?

Red_Rattler's Sig:JAKE

DIESEL BOMBERS SUPER MODERATOR

CLICK HERE FOR SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER AKA BOMBARDIER
03Flame Red 2500 4x4 QuadCab Handshaker HO,Kore HP Kit, Smarty REVO, AIRDOG II 165, Banks TechniCooler, K&N FIPK, MBRP Cool Duals 6inch tips, GunSlinger Pistol Grip Shifter, SRT Inine 6 Hood, Jacobs Brake

95 2500 4X4 Ext Cab Handshaker "BUCKN' BADGER"
Old 12-02-2012, 10:58 PM

My input shaft was was stuck in my clutch discs i put my slave cylinder back on and pressed the pedal n it popped right out I tried what u said but it didn't make any difference
Old 12-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Diesel Fan

what was your clutch doing to make you change it i have one i cant get into gear and im thinking it the throw out bearing but i dont really know it just wont go into gear from a stop if it is shut off or rolling i can get it to go rite into any gear

submit to reddit