Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

Finally got chance to get me some 4.10s. I'm trading my gears with a guy. Question is with his bein only 2wd I cant get ahold of a set for my front. Would this affect my driving as long as I don't put it in ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums

Default gears

Finally got chance to get me some 4.10s. I'm trading my gears with a guy. Question is with his bein only 2wd I cant get ahold of a set for my front. Would this affect my driving as long as I don't put it in 4wd? Kind of a dumb question but just want to make sure
Old 10-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Jerrod.Stierwalt OSOdanger

View Member's Albums View Member's FaceBook Profile View Member's Youtube Account

Why would you want to change them if you can't use your 4 wheel drive?

But yes, far as I know you can as long as you don't use 4 wheel drive.

H.R.D's Sig:
-Jerrod "OSO"-

2002 3/4 Ton Cummins 5 speed 4x4 X-cab SB
Volant CAI * Edge J/A HOT * Blue Chip VP * PDR HX40 * BD Short Shift * CFM+ * AD 100 * Flo~Pro 4" SS Duals

DIESEL BOMBERS SUPER MODERATOR

CLICK HERE FOR SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER AKA BOMBARDIER
Old 10-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums

Well I got a buddy of mine lives 2 hours away with frontand rear 4.10s but he wants a good bit for both so after I get the rear in ill hope to get the front in a while
Old 10-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Diesel Wrench

DIESELBOMBERCR

View Member's Albums View Member's Youtube Account

it will jump like a ****** in 4wd. i had 410s in the rear and 355s in the front of my old truck. awesome 2wd horrible 4wd

CR9712v's Sig:
Cody - 1997 Dodge Ram 2500, Reg Cab, J.R.E stage II plate slid, 58/76 afe bladerunner, stock injectors etc...,minor pump and afc adjustment, DIY intake , leveling kit, bf goodrich km2 33's, 5% tint all around, straight 4"-5" stack w/ flapper.
Wise men learn from wise words. A fool from his own experience
Old 10-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Administrator

View Member's Albums

It may cause excessive wear on Transfer Case bearings. The drive shaft from the front axle will spin faster than everything else in the transfer case. If you do have dissimilar gears, I suggest pulling the front drive shaft. It will prevent any accidental damage, and save your T-Case.

RAW's Sig:2014 RAM2500 Larimie, BONE STOCK

SOLD: 2001 RAM2500, 5.9L Cummins. EJWA CTS/Smarty, 150HP BigDawg Injectors, HotRod VP44, 5" exhaust, FASS HD150 w/Vulcan DSV, HX35/40 over S471, Colt "Big Stick" Cam, S&B CNC Intake Elbow, O-Ringed head, 110# valve springs. Built 47RE. D80 w/discs. Espar Hydronic 5.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums

Originally Posted by RAWilliams View Post
It may cause excessive wear on Transfer Case bearings. The drive shaft from the front axle will spin faster than everything else in the transfer case. If you do have dissimilar gears, I suggest pulling the front drive shaft. It will prevent any accidental damage, and save your T-Case.
Even if I only have it in 2wd?
Old 10-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Administrator

View Member's Albums

Yes. The front drive shaft spins even when you are in 2wd. Power isn't transferred, but things are moving.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums View Member's FaceBook Profile View Member's Twitter Account

Originally Posted by RAWilliams View Post
Yes. The front drive shaft spins even when you are in 2wd. Power isn't transferred, but things are moving.
X2. The front will be spinning at a different rate than the rear causing wear on the T-case. If you got lockout hubs; you would be OK, but they are more expensive than gears. Look for a whole axle on CL with 4.10s, swap them and sell it for what you paid..

hydroshok's Sig:
89 cummins/83 crew cab 5spd 2wd: P-pump 24v, 10 spd roadranger, 05 E-450 rear, push button start, pull cable and gauges
01 2500 4x4 5spd: 12 valve swap, 4kgsk, 19*, AFE intake, AirDog, HX40, air ride, exhaust brake and gauges
**If you run bio-diesel; do you roll coleslaw?**
Old 10-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums

Both axles have to have the same ratio,if not you will probably damage something

chadcycle 2500's Sig:2001 Ram 2500 4WD,4.10'sFass lift pump,ATS Copilot,Glowshift gauges.K&NColdair,Bigger boost elbow, Gearvendor overdrive,(now in!) custom lock up & overdrive control switches, 4in exhaust,all new guides&exhaust valves,plained , ARP head studs,.020 mahle pistons, clevite bearings,block deck surface planed, KDP, red head steering box, someday programer or RV275 injectors
Old 10-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Diesel Wrench

DIESELBOMBERCR

View Member's Albums View Member's Youtube Account

i had lockout hubs.. if you dont more moving parts=more money out of your pocket.
just do it right the first time. good luck

submit to reddit