Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

If i adjust the wastegate will my boost increase? is the turbo on the cummins comp controlled? My caliber srt4's turbo can be controlled through the pcm or wastegate. but the pcm will limit if boost is too high... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums View Member's Twitter Account

Default Turbo Tuning?

If i adjust the wastegate will my boost increase? is the turbo on the cummins comp controlled?

My caliber srt4's turbo can be controlled through the pcm or wastegate. but the pcm will limit if boost is too high

SRTcummins's Sig:'99 24v Cummins Dually - MODS: Straight 4 inch to 6 inch Stack, Edge Juice w/ Att., Brand spanking new vp44(BD stealth cover'd) and airdog 150 180k miles 53 block NOT CRACKED

Now a parts dealer for Ascended Motorsports!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Diesel Wrench

View Member's Albums

Your edge juice should have come with an elbow to allow more boost. Boost elbows are about as much as you can do. Or put on a bank big head gate

wyodiesel92's Sig:
(Mighty Mouse) 01 24v Cummins ext cab short box HO with SO pump, 6speed, Hid lights, Edge Juice HOT, airdog II 165, bd stealth plate, s&b intake, 5inch mbrp exhaust
(Big Red) 98 Dodge Cummins 24 valve extended cab long bed 5 speed (totaled thanks to dui driver)
Big thanks to Tony at Mighty Diesel!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums View Member's Twitter Account

I bought the chip used so i didnt get one. What are my options now? J hook or a different wastegate. i smoke in all gears when im on it and the turbo spools to 17-19 max on level 5. So im guessing the added boost should get rid of that because it should blow smoke at high rpm's
Old 09-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Diesel Fan

boondocboyz45

View Member's Albums

You can buy boost elbows online. My edge on level 5 can hit 35 psi in a hurry and gets rid of almost all the smoke. I ran mine before and after the elbow instal and it makes a world of difference with it instaled.

53Blocked's Sig:1998.5 QCSB 2500 Ram CTD-NV4500-Valair Comp. Iron DD-BHAF-5in Turbo Back-Edge Comp Box-II 100HP Stix-Boost Elbow-ISSPRO EV2 Gauges-FASS 95GPH W/ 1/2 IN LINES-4.11 Gears and Lockers-4in lift-33"Kelly Safari TSR-Abused 53 Block "THE TIME BOMB"
Old 09-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Diesel Bomber

alligatordiesel

View Member's Albums View Member's FaceBook Profile View Member's Youtube Account

Those elbows are like $32 bucks shipped. Is your truck a auto or manual?

Farmboy 2.0's Sig:2001 Dodge Ram 2500 with 2 Big Shiny Spiny Things, Some Big Ol Sticks, and a Man Pedal!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Status: Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, torque is how much of the wall you take with you

View Member's Albums

just buy a gate vavle and the right npt fitting and close the valve off little at time till you get the right boost levels. i have done this. i have two of them one with a neelde vavle and one with a gate vavle. i found the gate vavle opens slower witch helps get the right boost levels.
i spent 10 dollars in my local hard ware store for both of them.

scottmorgan's Sig:2001.5 ho cummins quad cab with a bullit proof 6 speed, air dog 150, quazilla adrenilane w/pulse v2, after market valair clutch 650hp Double Disk, he351 VGT turbo with fleece controll and 100hp injectors, 4" straight pipe 6" crome tip. 3" lift / 2.5" level with 37" tires.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Scott Hellinger Jr

View Member's Albums View Member's FaceBook Profile

with my quadzilla adrenaline on 10 i have hit 41 lbs of boost. and all my elbows are stock

shellinger's Sig:02 SLT Cummins H.O. 6spd quad cab, dana 80 w posi, HE351ve turbo, fass 150hd, quad adr stacked with smarty S03, SB 3850# sfi clutch, studded, BHAF, ddp 150s, 6 inch stacks, leveling kit, traction bars, fast coolers, di pricol gauges.
2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 2.8L Turbo Diesel, custom EGR delete, upgraded torque converter, aux lift pump, straight piped, diablo puck tuner.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums

TST sells their jhook for $10 or $15. super easy to install. works great.

EggosBrother's Sig:2001 Dodge 2500 4x4 Ext. SB, Stock AT - Airdog 100, RV275's, Faulty Upgraded Fuel Module w/ DSV, Smarty, S&B CAI, Flo Pro 4" Turbo Back, TST J Hook, EDGE Comp (Sitting in Box), ISSPRO Boost, FP, Pyro
Old 09-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Diesel Wrench

View Member's Albums

I hook for an auto, elbow for a manual unless the auto has a hx35

submit to reddit