Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

So my chevy conversion with a 92 intercooled and a 5 speed has an hx35 denny t stage 2 pin second gen lift pump little timing bump 3k governor spring and screw is turned some. I already asked the question in the conversion forum but ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums

Default he351 vs hx35

So my chevy conversion with a 92 intercooled and a 5 speed has an hx35 denny t stage 2 pin second gen lift pump little timing bump 3k governor spring and screw is turned some. I already asked the question in the conversion forum but just wanted to double check before I build the exhaust. Truck seems to make good power with the hx35. Truck is going to be a work truck at heart hauling cows and wood and a toy on the side. I have a he351 sitting around before I build the new exhaust would this turbo be better for me everyone seems to love the 351. I love it on my 99 it makes 400 to the tires.

luke46's Sig:98 24v 4x4 ext cab 5 speed 6 inch long arm 35s flat bed ats manifold/intake edge juice w/att rv275s he351 south bend dual disk afe 4 inch straight
Old 02-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums

Yes it will be better. I have no personal experience with it but from what I have heard I should bee much better that the hx35

cumminskid92's Sig:92 D350 short bed, 2wd, reg cab.
pump maxed, hx35, 5in from trubo to 5in stacks
p pump conversion coming soon
Old 02-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Diesel Wrench

james depiazzy

View Member's Albums View Member's FaceBook Profile

if you do convert it i will make you an offer on the HX35

jdbigblue12v's Sig:1993 ram w250 ext cab long bed 4x4 208,000mi 4'' straight piped to 6 inch tip behind tire, pump tweaked,homebrew fuel pin and intake, fresh .20" marine HG, new head bolts, timing advanced, hx35w, 33x13.50 on 18 inch billet wheels. soon to come low pressure lift pump, maybe compound with an hx55 and 5x.012 sticks by summer.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums

I think I will convert it just heard lots good about it.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Diesel Wrench

james depiazzy

let me know when the hx35 is forsale
Old 02-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums

Will do not sure when it's gonna get done Truck is running driving now but still lots of stuff to get done on the conversion
Old 02-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Diesel Wrench

james depiazzy

ya it seems like alot of custom work but good luck with it!!
Old 02-10-2012, 12:02 AM

Sorry for the newbie comment but what is the exact difference between the HX35 and the 351? i have a H1C on my cummins and am currently looking for options.
anyone suggest building the H1C with compressor and exhaust housings? or would a HX35 or 351 be a better all around investment?
thanks guys
Sam
Old 02-10-2012, 06:12 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

I've never run the 351 as a single but they work great in twins. Basically same compressor wheel as a hx 40 with a smaller exhaust wheel and exhaust housing. I drill all my wastgate holes out to 1 inch really simple and gives it a chance to wastegate better. Spoolup is as good or maybe a little better than the hx. I think you will be pleased with the swap.

gwhammy's Sig:95 single cab two wheel drive short bed, barrels turned 4000gsk,plate cut,afc worked,miller positrac, air ride rear,half inch timing advance,he351-ht60twins arp studs fireringed head,01 341-3b adr,125 inj.,4 disk,19.5 custom wheels,air ride rear,02 almost stock

submit to reddit