Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

I'm looking for a new fuel pump that goes inside the fuel tank. I have a 91 and a 92 that both need new ones, the fuel gauges aren't reading right and i'm sure they are the origanals so I was just wondering were I ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums

Default In Tank Fuel Pump

I'm looking for a new fuel pump that goes inside the fuel tank. I have a 91 and a 92 that both need new ones, the fuel gauges aren't reading right and i'm sure they are the origanals so I was just wondering were I can find one at? I can't find one at O'reiley's, Advance, or NAPA. I'm also curious to know if there even is one and also if there is than would one for a gasoline engine work? Or does have to specificaly be for a diesel motor because I have found some for a gasoline just not sure if they will work and I would like one that's better than stock if possible!

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Site Sponsor

View Member's Albums

there is no in tank pump,

check the on on the side of the block

in tank pumps started 98.5 i do believe

could be wrong been wrong b4

big bad diesel 416's Sig:
BBD PERFORMANCE INC.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums

So the lift pump draws it out all the way from the tank by itself? Then what do I need to get to fix my fuel gauge level being wrong? And i just bought a new lift pump puttin it on tomarrow mines leaking and pretty sure its the origanal.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Site Sponsor

View Member's Albums

Originally Posted by flyingcrodeo View Post
So the lift pump draws it out all the way from the tank by itself?
yes thats why they suck

get a new sending unit they have a reostat in there they can get dirty and fail or get to be 20+ years old and fail
dodge dealer will have one there about 70 bucks also check your connections from the tank to the back of the gauge panel

Last edited by big bad diesel 416; 01-02-2012 at 11:19 PM..
Old 01-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums

Makes sense well then I guess puttin this new lift will fix that problem but what reads my fuel tank level?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Ok i'll check it out tomarrow! Thanks!!

Last edited by flyingcrodeo; 01-02-2012 at 11:31 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Site Sponsor

View Member's Albums

no probs man
Old 01-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums

Well I called my local Dodge dealership and got a price on the fuel sending unit that just sends the fuel level and those things run about $325 so I think I can handle not really knowing my fuel level for awhile!!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Site Sponsor - Mighty Diesel

View Member's Albums

can you believe i have had a broken fuel gauge for years on my 91.5. when i fill it up i set the trip. as you know they have a low fuel light too. i can run about 500 miles before the light comes on. i know this is no help if you want it fixed.

diesel pap's Sig:Dodge Cummins Electric Blue Mega Cab
AFE Intake, Smarty, Edge Juice W/Attitude(for gauges), Mighty Diesel Head Bolts, 5" Magnaflow, Royal Purple & Mag-Hytec Deep Tranny Pan

1997 Cummins 3500 Dually ~ AFPA 8000# Modified Street Diesel Class Points Champion for 2011 ~
~ AFPA 8000# Modified Street Diesel Class Points Champion for 2013 ~

& 1991 W250 Dually

Old 01-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums

Well my 91.5 fuel gauge works it's just not THAT accurate but it's still pretty close but my 92 fuel gauge will let you know if there is any diesel in it cuz it will stay on full but when you have about 10 miles left it slams over to E real fast so it kinda works but i should replace the E with an F for F**KED!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Site Sponsor - Mighty Diesel

View Member's Albums

does your low fuel light come on in the dash

submit to reddit