lower egt's brainstorming - Diesel Bombers
Diesel Bombers
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Come on guys i want to hear everyons ideas on how to lower egts. ---AutoMerged DoublePost--- also one more question, Can you apply 2nd gen 12 valve. exhaust and turbos to a first gen?... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

lower egt's brainstorming

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Default lower egt's brainstorming

Come on guys i want to hear everyons ideas on how to lower egts.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

also one more question, Can you apply 2nd gen 12 valve. exhaust and turbos to a first gen?

Rocky Mountain Texan's Sig:*Daily Driver-93 ctd 5'' exhaust, pump mod, bully dog power pin, 3200 rpm govenor spring, heavy duty transmission cooler, k&N
*Project-97 12 valve 4x4 cummins dually,(For Sale)
*Heavy Hauler-03 ctd edge with attitude , true flow air

Last edited by Rocky Mountain Texan; 08-17-2009 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-17-2009, 12:29 PM
BOMBARDIER

Bigger turbo, Better Intercooler, Air intake, Water Injection, Nitrous...

I think the turbo will work and maybe an exhaust manifold off a 12v to a 1st gen...i dont think the actual exhaust pipe will fit though

stkdram55's Sig:
Just an Inline 6 Cylinder

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you.....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier..
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Diesel Bomber
makin the 89 a western hauler... no real reason

downpipes dont interchange. 2nd gen turbo's are wastegated and run a larger flange. i've heard that the downpipe for an HX-40 is pretty much universal for updated turbo's on the first gens and some small tweaking for clearances may be need. there's a thread on here that says if your going to put a stock turbo on from a different year they recommended the HX-35- i cant remember what the last digit is. but it's off of the 03ish 5.9L i guess it's decent; but the price jump from that to a REAL good used or new aftermarket isnt bad... maybe an extra 400? someone jump in and correct me if i'm wrong... i guess my advice would be... dont jump the gun. save your money and get something you're going to 100% happy with. by the time you go into the expense of a new model exh. housing and turbo your going to be pretty close to buying a better turbo than the generation swap

tower_ofpower's Sig:89' W250, full fuel 1 1/2 turns, M&H M3 fuel pin and timing spacer, 366 spring, air dog 150, 6" lift, shocks and dual stabilizer, custom track bar. Soon to be and ordered:transmission "shift reprogram" kit, Mag Hytec double deep trans pan, PDR super S300, HX 40 DP, ATS 3 piece exhaust manifold, DDP stg1 injectors, Fluidamper, oil filter relocation kit, autometer tach, boost, pyro, trans temp gauges.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:36 PM
BOMBARDIER
Back, and trying to fix 'er up

Look around for my exhaust and turbo thread. I put a HX40 style down pipe on my 1st gen and all it took was a little tweaking of teh fire wall with a hammer.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Diesel Bomber
makin the 89 a western hauler... no real reason

i belive it is under the rotary bombers labeled "things are falling off my truck and this time it's the turbo"
Old 08-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Diesel and Gun Smoke

I was under the impression you could install a cast exhaust elbow from a second gen and that would allow you to run a 4" 2nd gen down pipe.

Gunmetal's Sig:
I use FAST ORANGE.
Though, I must admit.. when I use it I am almost tempted to eat a handful.