1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Need help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help?

I have a 91.5 dodge w350 with a 5.9. It has the overdrive transmission and is computerized. It's not shifting into overdrive. I had the transmission rebuilt. When the transmission shop hooks up to it, it's giving two codes 42-automatic shutdown realy. 73-torque management pulse. The Pcm is getting all the signals it needs to shift into overdrive. We grounded the overdrive and it kicks into overdrive so we know the overdrive works. The previous owner had hacked into the wiring and we are completing a engine out pretty much full restoration and have correctly repaired all the harnesses that have been cut. Had other codes like Tps and found the terminals had been probed and had to replace the terminals. We have worked thru and repaired everything else and these 2 are the only codes left. I am concerned the code description is not correct since I have found accurate 91.5 schematics that don't show a asd relay in any of the schematics. He said he had never seen the torque management code and I haven't been able to find anything on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 12-07-2015, 12:47 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts