1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Seeking IP Guru

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking IP Guru

All,

I'd Like to say I'm new to the forum and amazed with the vast amount of knowledge you all contain.

I finally decided to do a 3200 spring and a Denny T stage 1 Pin and it has turned into a nightmare. Somehow, the pump assembly went back together flawlessly but would not start. I disassembled down to the governor spring and to my amazement, the full fuel screw lever was cracked/bent! After a few beers, I figured I would either need a new pump, or just attempt to weld the lever back(I understand how hackish this sounds, trust me). Got the pump back together and made some adjustments to the fuel screw to adjust for the minor change in the lever. Now the truck starts and idles great, however it wont shut off, no runaways, just wont shutoff. I've verified all the wires to the FSS have power, but I've not been able to confirm if that coincidentally went bad(unlikely) but I wanted to see if anyone has any other idea's as to why it wont shutoff now? Manual shutoff lever on the pump is currently functioning. Obviously, this job went from something quite simple, to a potentially new IP.

93 w250 5.9 VE Auto 4x4

Thank for your input in advance.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:31 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 186 Likes on 159 Posts

You aren't the 1st person to do that, by any means. Test the FSS by jumping 12v straight to it.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NadirPoint, Thank you for the reply. Just got the truck running last night and everything seems to be functioning correctly! FSS went bad.....