1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

fuel pin opinion and injector question

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 07:49 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default fuel pin opinion and injector question

Ok so first ill tell you a little about my rig first I have a 73 chevy blazer lifted on 37s 4:10 gears a 93 cummins with a hx35 turbo is for now until compond turbos I have a getrag 5 speed and I cant figure out what fuel pin I want I was told by m&h they recommend the m2 because im a 5 speed and I dont want a retarded amount of smoke and sometimes I tow and and they said they are out of the m3 and them m4 might be a bit much and I was thinking about the smoke control plate that m&h makes im not looking for low end smoke on top of all this im going to get injectors ok so is a 5-18 like equivalent to like lets say a 6-16 and a 7-14 just more holes but the same amount of fuel cause here is my thought more hole less fuel out of one hole at a time better Atamization of the fuel sorry bad spelling but meaning like fuel mixing better with air. Ya I know 5-18 alot of fuel alot of heat and smoke but more mods coming to help with more air soon im just preparing for the mods im going to end with thanks everyone hope you can help with my question.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Anyone?

Old 09-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an m&h m2 fuel pin and i like it. Doesnt smoke a whole lot or anything as long as the smoke screw is raised up. i also have a 5spd and running an hx35. Also if you get a fuel pin a Stiff AFC spring from HUNGRY DIESEL will get rid of a ton of unnecessary smoke. I wish i could help you with your injector question but i dont know much about them.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cumminsblazer
Anyone?
wow those would be some big injectors... I have a m&h 3 if you want it!! 50 bucks.. im in sacramento. I like the denny t better tho!! I would love to check out your build.. I did the swap with a 89 suburban..

Old 09-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

I just bought the denny t stage 1 denis over there is a real good stand up guy he wasnt just trying to sell me a part and for injectors I end up buying some 5x14s from pod and they are 145 spray angle they talked me out of the 5x18 they said just not enough pump to push them and im gonna end up running a vgt turbo from a 6.7 so im just waiting on everything to come should be about a week im guessing ill give you all an update on what I think of them when I get them im pretty sure I will be excited and will want to brag about them

The following users liked this post:
novapat (09-02-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cumminsblazer
I just bought the denny t stage 1 denis over there is a real good stand up guy he wasnt just trying to sell me a part and for injectors I end up buying some 5x14s from pod and they are 145 spray angle they talked me out of the 5x18 they said just not enough pump to push them and im gonna end up running a vgt turbo from a 6.7 so im just waiting on everything to come should be about a week im guessing ill give you all an update on what I think of them when I get them im pretty sure I will be excited and will want to brag about them
cool. yea I have 5x12s in mine with the s300g turbo.. works good!! yes denis is a stand up guy for sure.. I ordered 7x10s to try but there has been a issue with DAP on getting them to me, or I should say the post office lost them.. I still really want to try a set!!

Old 09-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Im interested in seeing how those 7x10 work dop steered me away from them because they said that from there being so many holes close together and low bar that a first gen has that they sometimes over spray each other and at times get a dripping affect

Old 09-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

I would love to try them to I am still waiting on dap.. I have a friend that has ran them and they worked great, better low end than a 5x12. The 7x10 suposibly don't work to well with high boost like 50 + due to the stream being to small..

Old 09-04-2014, 10:40 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Pro con something to think about im sure in the end ill be somewhere in the 50 plus

Old 09-04-2014, 11:00 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Originally Posted by novapat
wow those would be some big injectors... I have a m&h 3 if you want it!! 50 bucks.. im in sacramento. I like the denny t better tho!! I would love to check out your build.. I did the swap with a 89 suburban..
I would like to see your burb too did you go auto or manual