1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Which pin and do I need the spacer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 07:55 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Which pin and do I need the spacer?

I have a 92 DD first gen, all bone stock. Needs injectors soon, but I have a fuel leak. I think its from the KSB solenoid. Since I will need to remove it to fix the leak would it be a good idea to do the timing spacer or is it really not needed? Shooting for 250 all said an done. I was also thinking about getting a fuel pin coming as well. I do tow with it, but don't want a crazy pin as I'm probably going to just do the compressor upgrade on my stock charger. Not going crazy with the truck. I have heard that the M3's act funny. thinking the M2 but checking with ya'll first.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:55 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

For towing, what you are suggesting is a good plan. M&H M2, timing spacer (instead of a timing bump), and compressor side upgrade. Keep your pump adjustments on the mild side and all will be well. If you opt for larger injectors, keep those on the mild side as well. Best plan would be to have your stock injector holes opened up to .010 and then flow honed. Add a BHAF and a piston lift pump and your set up.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:58 AM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts

We offer 5x.011 nozzles and injectors for a slight performance upgrade. Consider an hx35 as it will spool faster with the 12cm WG housing, or at least go with a 16cm housing as your spool up will be much quicker than the 21cm you have now. We carry the Denny T fuel pins and the stage 1 offers the same HP as the satge 2 but does not smoke as much on the bottom end.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:53 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkidd
Consider an hx35 as it will spool faster with the 12cm WG housing, or at least go with a 16cm housing as your spool up will be much quicker than the 21cm you have now.
I'd just go with a HE351CW. It already has a 60mm compressor.