1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Think I screwed up????

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think I screwed up????

Just to get some feedback. On a previous topic of mine i had an isuue with what I thought was an IP issue. Either way I got everything close to being back to normal by turning up everything more than I had it before the issue. One thing I just realized I did, I messed with the overflow valve.. When I was trying to figure out the issue, I found some rubber in the screen in the overflow valve. It wasnt new from when I rebuilt it. It was something old prior to that. Anyway, I was trying to clean it out with a pick and ripped the littte screen inside. So my bright idea next was to remove the beat up screen. So I got a drill bit and took EVERYTHING out of the valve. So now its basically a banjo bolt..I didnt realize that the center was a metered oriface to keep a certain amount of fuel in the injection pump. My question is,,,,will this affect the performance of the pump. Even with everything cranked up,its not 100%. And Im wondering if this is a big deal. If this can cause an issue then Im going to replace it ASAP. Thanks In advance ..Mike

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Dam...... Nobody?????

Last edited by MudDrivermike; 01-01-2014 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-04-2014, 08:41 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

bump

Old 01-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

I guess I just wasted my time.. Wish I could now delete this topic.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:59 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's going to affect the performance of the truck it letting way to much fuel return to the tank,but just buy a 40 hp Overflow Valve for $25 from Tork Tec,shipping is fast!

The following users liked this post:
MudDrivermike (01-12-2014)
Old 01-12-2014, 08:36 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to know one way or another. And i figured with over 200 people that looked at the topic, that at least somebody would have any kind of answer. As of now I have my power screw all the way in to get the same results of when I only had 2.5 turns in. I will get another overflow valve and see if this sets everything back the way it supposed to. I will eventually do that and update this thread of what the out come is ..Thanks again.