1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Finding fuel pin and 366 spring

Old 09-24-2013, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding fuel pin and 366 spring

I keep reading about Denny T stage 2 fuel pin and Bosch 366 spring to the point that I'm sold however I'm having a hard time finding either from a reputable web site. All the links from older forums are no good anymore. Anyone know where to find them? Are the good substitute to Denny T or Bosch?

Old 09-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I wouldn't put either in my truck. But then, I use my truck for what it was made for. Work. You can gain higher RPM by doing the throttle linkage adjustment. The only fuel pin I would put in is an M&H M2. That is just my opinion after 15 years with my 91.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

A 366 spring can be found through almost any diesel injection shop, and is a great upgrade for any truck that sees over 60mph speeds. My truck ran great down the freeway with a 366 spring, and now with a stock pump feels like it's harder on the truck going 65-75mph. Seems like it is revved higher to keep speed which I feel is harder on fuel mileage also. If I feel froggy and floor it now my truck fights to get over 80-85mph, with the high idle screw gone and the 366 spring my truck could bury the needle at 100mph rather easy.
Fuel Injection Pumps Here is a site with springs.
A fuel pin is a great upgrade for more power, but you can grind the deep side of a stock pin to get more fuel. I ground my stock pin and drove it for a couple years, then had a custom pin made for me that is deeper than a stock pin can be ground but received no more performance. My boost numbers stayed the same, but it has better fuel control meaning less smoke at low boost acceleration. I would look at the M2 or M3 M&H pins if I were to purchase one, since they have a better design for daily driving as far as smoke control.
M & H Inc. - Fuel Pins
From what I have read the Dennyt pins are cut to deep anyway causing the slide pin to push out of it's o-ring giving you a fuel leak in your AFC. Deeper is not always better for performance. Hope this helps.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thehungrydiesel.com

best prices around, great guys.

and i use my truck for work too, with both mods in place. guess what? my truck gets the job done the exact same but with a little more power under the hood.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I got both from BD Power because they are close to me. Very affordable iirc.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I got mine for free on dieselbombers.com

Search this Thread