Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

I was thinking about p-pumping my first gen. What would the benefits be? and any power increase? Thanks for any advice... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Default P-Pump swap

I was thinking about p-pumping my first gen. What would the benefits be? and any power increase? Thanks for any advice

Cow tipper's Sig:1996 Powerstroke: Edge CTS programmer/Gauge monitor, 4 inch straight pipe, Tymar downpipe, AFE cold air intake
Old 03-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Diesel Fan

Major benefits would be more buildability for future like higher hp more toqrue maybe better mpg if you keep your foot off it more tuneability i guess to.....just more modern in a sense

36Valved I6s's Sig: 93 W350: S366, 366spring, 7x.012 sticks, studed stacked n smokey! More to follow!

Common rail 610 seres, Corbuea Baja SS with 3inch 5 point belts, dpp cai, dpp boost boots, k an n filter, 5 inch turbo back cat delete, on 35s with some lights n Cat Diesel Pistons out back!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums

Yeah what he said. Really it opens up your options for power upgrades and lets you go from mild to potentially 2000 horsepower. And if you're a coal roller then it'll give you the fuel to roll it as long as your foot's in the throttle. I'm shooting for about 1209 whp in my 93 dodge so that's why I'm p pumping mine

DMan1198's Sig:Jaeger- 12 ram 3500. CCLB, 68rfe, 2" lift, 5" tbe, MM w/MCC & OD
The Roo Hunter- 93 dodge ram w250. G360, np205, 4" lift, custom 3/8" bumper
ddp stage 3's and fuel pin, 366 spring, steed speed , diamond eye 4" straight pipe, II silver s362. Getting p pumped
Brownie- 80 dodge heavy half. Pile of parts so far. Getting a ve pumped cummins
Old 03-29-2013, 11:13 AM
Diesel Fan

I got a line on a new unused p-pump for Cheep and have been consideing the swap to just havnt looked into the exact details yet
Obviously you have to change injection lines what about ft cover gears etc

Sorry to hijack

Willey878's Sig:92 d250 auto daily/hauler/toy
Star/fuel in,bd pin,3200 govspring,4duel exhaust ,hx35,bhaf,hand welded 3"intake horn+piping 7.3 powerstroke intercooler, hand glassed triple pod autometers
Soon to come injectors,air dog ,rebuild Spair trans tourq converter m&h timing advance
Old 03-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums

You need front cover, all the linkage, injection lines, and a few more things I can't think of at the moment
Old 03-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Administrator

View Member's Albums

Here are a bunch of piece for a 24v to P-Pump swap.

VP44 to P7100 Injection Pump Conversion Parts
Industrial Injections - IISSS24VPPCOV - P-Pump Conversion Kit for 98.5-02 Dodge

I'm not sure if there is a kit to go from VE rotary to P-Pump though.

RAW's Sig:http://www.dieselbombers.com/signaturepics/sigpic13667_9.gif
2001 RAM2500, 5.9L Cummins. EJWA CTS/Smarty, 150HP BigDawg Injectors, HotRod VP44, 5" exhaust, FASS HD150 w/Vulcan DSV, HX35/40 over S471, Colt "Big Stick" Cam, S&B CNC Intake Elbow, O-Ringed head, 110# valve springs. Built 47RE. D80 w/discs. Espar Hydronic 5.
2014 RAM2500 Larimie, BONE STOCK
Old 03-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums

Most p pump conversions on 1st gens are done with the 12 valve that had the p pump

submit to reddit