Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

Im looking to build a lifted 1st gen i was looking to buy arched leafs rated for about 16-20 inches of lift and 47 inch military tires i understand it wont be so streetable but thats a given what more will i need other than ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Diesel Fan

Erik Polosky NRA_Polosky

Default Lift Help

Im looking to build a lifted 1st gen i was looking to buy arched leafs rated for about 16-20 inches of lift and 47 inch military tires i understand it wont be so streetable but thats a given what more will i need other than leafs and new brake lines and some stabalizers ? sorry for the grammar and spelling and yes im a noob and i might sound dumb im still a kid
Old 01-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Diesel Fan
Status: terra is not my name,terra is my 77 IH terra pickup w/a 5.9

View Member's Albums

check out this web site .they can make you anything you want for a price. Custom Suspension - Custom Leaf Springs

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Last edited by terragota5.9cummins; 01-03-2013 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Diesel Fan

Erik Polosky NRA_Polosky

Originally Posted by terragota5.9cummins View Post
check out this web site .they can make you anything you want for a price. Custom Suspension - Custom Leaf Springs

---AutoMerged DoublePost---
thats who im buying it from hahah small world
Old 01-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Diesel Fan
Status: terra is not my name,terra is my 77 IH terra pickup w/a 5.9

View Member's Albums

always got what i ordered. they make some crazy springs there. you should be glad that you went with them.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Diesel Fan

Erik Polosky NRA_Polosky

Originally Posted by terragota5.9cummins View Post
always got what i ordered. they make some crazy springs there. you should be glad that you went with them.
Do you know what else ill need to finish the lift ?
Old 01-08-2013, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by 1stgenbomber View Post
Do you know what else ill need to finish the lift ?
You'll need extended brake lines (1 front & 1 rear). You'll need to address the steering- drop pitman arm / crossover steering / etc. You'll have to address the drive line angle (clock ring / etc. & have a new drive shaft made. Depending on how / where you want to use it you may have to cut the inner C's off of the axle housing, rotate and reweld them.

laohu69's Sig:1991 W250- 4" Skyjacker lift, Crossover steering, 35" tires.
1995 3500 Dually- Stock.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Diesel Fan

Erik Polosky NRA_Polosky

Originally Posted by laohu69 View Post
You'll need extended brake lines (1 front & 1 rear). You'll need to address the steering- drop pitman arm / crossover steering / etc. You'll have to address the drive line angle (clock ring / etc. & have a new drive shaft made. Depending on how / where you want to use it you may have to cut the inner C's off of the axle housing, rotate and reweld them.
I knew most of these thanks man ! ill probaly do hydralic ram steering
Old 01-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Youtube Account

Sounds like a monster! Better consider some anti wrap bars with tires that big.

montepig72's Sig:88 Dodge, 92 O.D. I/C running gear, 3200 gov. spring, self tuned pump, custom 4" air intake, 4" turbo back Diamond Eye exhaust, 2" Skyjacker leveling springs, Front Spartan locker.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Diesel Fan

Erik Polosky NRA_Polosky

Originally Posted by montepig72 View Post
Sounds like a monster! Better consider some anti wrap bars with tires that big.
Will do ittl be a awesome build im starting the build thread soon!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Youtube Account

Check out Ruff Stuff, they have a lot of parts for off road stuff like an anti wrap kit. You can order them with whatever size D.O.M. tube you may want. I've had one in the garage for almost a year now, I got it on a year end sale last year. They also offered a discount if you have a Pirate 4x4 login I think.

submit to reddit