Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

How do u keep the blow by tube from leakin oil sometimes I blow a good amount out of it... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Diesel Fan

Default Blow by tube

How do u keep the blow by tube from leakin oil sometimes I blow a good amount out of it

(96)12v's Sig:96 3500 ext cab dually, 5 speed 4x4,120 horse injectors, dual stacks, 2" leveling kit
Old 01-21-2012, 02:14 AM
Diesel Fan

Basically it is what it is. There will always be oil coming out of it. Only thing I have seen is a filter/canister system that you have to drain every so often, if it's bad enough that it will soak your undercarriage I would say its time to deal with the issue though.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator

Jerrod.Stierwalt OSOdanger

View Member's Albums View Member's FaceBook Profile View Member's Youtube Account

You can try something like this or build your own. http://www.puredieselpower.com/catal...it-p-6117.html
You may need to replace some rings if the blow by is the excessive.

H.R.D's Sig:
-Jerrod "OSO"-

2002 3/4 Ton Cummins 5 speed 4x4 X-cab SB
Volant CAI * Edge J/A HOT * Blue Chip VP * PDR HX40 * BD Short Shift * CFM+ * AD 100 * Flo~Pro 4" SS Duals

DIESEL BOMBERS SUPER MODERATOR

CLICK HERE FOR SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER AKA BOMBARDIER
Old 01-21-2012, 04:01 AM
Diesel Fan

U think maybe just a ball valve will work as long as it is drained regularly??
Old 01-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Diesel Fan

No a ball valve will not work, you will have oil leaks everywhere after, the tube is there to let engine pressures out..
Old 01-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Diesel Fan

The crankcase has to have some way to breath. If you just put a ball valve in the tube it will build to much pressure and you will really have an oil leak. You can build somthing out of pvc like the one shown above and drain at oill change.

Torkjunky's Sig:94 Dodge auto 4X4 #6 TST plate 7 hole CPP injecters timing 16 degrees 4" exhaust
95 Dodge auto 2 WD 100 plate 4" exhaust 354 gears
96 Dodge 5 speed dually to single short bed
06 Dodge 1500 12v 5 speed, 5x11 injectors, head studs, timing 25 degrees, hx35 over ht3b 5" full exhaust,
Old 01-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

I pulled the tube out from between the starter and routed it over to the frame rail and into a little catch can. It has a drain but nothing has built up yet. No more oil spots in the driveway.

dezzrats's Sig:'97 3500 4x4 SRW. KDP fix, 4" turbo back, 6" inch tip, EGR Delete, Autometer gauges, Luke's Link track bar, fuel heater delete, #100 fuel plate, tuned AFC, 3000GSK, Built auto with billet twin disk converter with lock-up switch, TransGo shift kit, PML pan, AFE stage 1 ProGaurd 7.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:10 AM
Diesel Fan

i remember a brand new cat c15 that slobbered bad. the driver kept complaining about about his "engine oil leak" untill we extended the road draught tube so it vented below the engine. he never complained again (untill one of the guys i worked with accidently lit the interior on fire cutting with a torch under the cab and burnt the truck down in the shop : ) that was a night i will never forget
Old 01-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Diesel Fan

could you route the line up an put a breather on it? i have a tappett with no baffles an the old girl marks her spot everywhere an coats the underside of the truck

blacksmoke82's Sig:1998 2500 ram, .020 big bowl mahle pestons,decked.005,ported an polished exhaust side of head,pdi 3 piece t4 exhaust manifold,arp head studs, .020 marine head gasket,custom cut dv's,timed at 17*,4k kit,#0 plate,CPP 7x14 injectors,ats air intake,tunnel ram intake plate,kdp killed,hamilton big stick,60# valve springs,s366 4" down pipe to 10" stacks, airdog II 165,billet input shaft, valair daul disc,water meth
Old 01-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums View Member's FaceBook Profile

Originally Posted by H.R.D View Post
You can try something like this or build your own. 88-02 Dodge 5.9L Cummins Crank Case Breather Relocation Kit
You may need to replace some rings if the blow by is the excessive.
"300% more breathing than factory". Yeah OK.

kieron_kohlmann's Sig:92' W250, P-Pump swap, #4 plate, 4K spring gov/valve springs, mack rack plug, hx35/40, SDX 5x14, airdog pump, pro-torque converter, red eagle clutches, billet input shaft, shift kit, billet flex plate, Snow Performance Stage 3 Water/Meth.

submit to reddit