Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

I know its a pretty common issue with the 12 valves but can anyone tell me where my 98 is leaking oil from and if there is any way to stop it, also should i check my oil on like a weekly basis due to ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2011, 06:19 AM
Diesel Fan

baconbizach

View Member's Albums

Default Oil Leaking

I know its a pretty common issue with the 12 valves but can anyone tell me where my 98 is leaking oil from and if there is any way to stop it, also should i check my oil on like a weekly basis due to the oil leak?
Old 09-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

It's probably coming from the valve covers. Can you give a bettter description, like the general area that the oil is coming from and how much oil is leaking out? It's a good idea the check your oil level weekly, leak or no leak.

South Tx Coal Roller's Sig:96' Dodge 2500 LWB CC 4x4

Stock HX35, boost elbow set @35psi, BHAF, gutted AFC, stock timing, 4" dp, 5" straight to 5" stacks, 47RE, Suncoast/DPC triple disk, DTT shift kit, billet servo and accumulator, EGT, boost, and trans temp, 4.10 gears, 37x12.50-16.5 OZ
Old 09-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

Everardo Aguilar

View Member's Albums View Member's FaceBook Profile View Member's Youtube Account

yup but maybe it's leakin from the motor/tranny mount? On breather tube but that doesn't usually leak it out

aguilar_15's Sig:2001 Dodge 2500, ext cab, 6spd. long bed, silencer ring-MIA, 4" turbo back-5" MBRP tip, NAPA BHAF. AD 150, BD exhaust manifold, RV275's Scheid Diesel Lightning VP44-to be installed

BLEEDIN PURPLE
Old 09-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Site Sponsor - 1aauto

Every 12 Valve leaks its a Dodge thing Do you have an idea where its comin from though? Front, back, left, right?

1AMatt's Sig:Matt
1AAUTO.com
888-844-3393 EXT 161
Truck Parts
Old 09-14-2011, 06:17 AM
Diesel Fan

baconbizach

View Member's Albums

it looks like its coming from the front passenger side of the motor but im not quite sure, its a slow leak and the whole undercairrage is covered in oil
Old 09-14-2011, 07:04 AM
Diesel Bomber

Default Oil Leaking

I would clean up the front of the engine with a powerwash/degreaser and see where the leak is. Could be KDP problem.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:50 AM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums

if it was on the drivers side i would say check the vacuum pump, I had a pretty good leak there. Can you take some pictures after you power wash it and drive it for a day or two?
Old 09-16-2011, 06:25 AM
Diesel Fan

baconbizach

View Member's Albums

Next time i wash the truck ill clean up everything under the motor and see if i can find it, the guy that had the truck before me said he had all the leaks stopped but i dont think he did, also what kind of oil should i put in my truck like weight wise and everything because it needs some oil
Old 09-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

Valvoline Premium Blue, Delo 400, Rotella T, Mobil Delvac, all are 15w - 40 and will work fine.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

hey i got my 97 thats leaking could u hit me with some info on what to look for with a leakin vac pump? mines coming from either the middle driver side or rear driver side.... i thought it might be my injector pump? is that common or easy fix?

Originally Posted by huntingguy View Post
if it was on the drivers side i would say check the vacuum pump, I had a pretty good leak there. Can you take some pictures after you power wash it and drive it for a day or two?

submit to reddit