12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Trying to make more power

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to make more power

I think im in the right place now.
thanks for the posting advice
im doing gsk and valve springs first. any ideas to make it simple ive never done it and dont want to screw it up.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:53 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

on a hell of a start thats for sure, you can never go wrong with saving you tail form the beggining, there are 2 things you need to know more air means more fuel can be added, this means more power. depending on how far you wanna go, air intake,and intake manifold, these will increase air flow, then you can go with the bigger turbo, maybe headstuds to keep that pressure under control , bigger injectors, lift pump to supply fuel to the injection pump, maybe a beefyer injection pump, then bigger lines to push fuel to the injectors. the list will go on and on just remember with more fuel comes high egt, id be safe and focus all my purchases on trying to keep them low so as not to melt some of the more important parts ( pistons )

Old 04-11-2011, 04:17 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

First, how much power, and what for? There's a million ways to get there.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thx. got a quote on deliveryvalves, gsk, rack plug and 60lb valve springs. think im gonna do them first then injectors. which injectors do you run and what intake manifold you recommend

Originally Posted by UNOH-KID
on a hell of a start thats for sure, you can never go wrong with saving you tail form the beggining, there are 2 things you need to know more air means more fuel can be added, this means more power. depending on how far you wanna go, air intake,and intake manifold, these will increase air flow, then you can go with the bigger turbo, maybe headstuds to keep that pressure under control , bigger injectors, lift pump to supply fuel to the injection pump, maybe a beefyer injection pump, then bigger lines to push fuel to the injectors. the list will go on and on just remember with more fuel comes high egt, id be safe and focus all my purchases on trying to keep them low so as not to melt some of the more important parts ( pistons )

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

im thinking max 500 over the next couple years. i tow a lot and sled pull occasionally.
this is my driving truck not my work truck (got a powerjoke for that)

Originally Posted by madmikeismad
First, how much power, and what for? There's a million ways to get there.

Last edited by Bonser96; 04-11-2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonser96
thx. got a quote on deliveryvalves, gsk, rack plug and 60lb valve springs. think im gonna do them first then injectors. which injectors do you run and what intake manifold you recommend
i run ddp 140 horse injectors anything bigger than that is just for smoke, i personally like most had my eye on an ats with the threded ports for later add ons, but again its a money thing how far are you willing to go if i were you id call a performance supplier and see wat they would recomend for what your planning to throw at it

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

im thinking max 500 over the next couple years. i tow a lot and sled pull occasionally.
this is my driving truck not my work truck (got a powerjoke for that)

i run ddp 140 horse injectors anything bigger than that is just for smoke, i personally like most had my eye on an ats with the threded ports for later add ons, but again its a money thing how far are you willing to go if i were you id call a performance supplier and see wat they would recomend for what your planning to throw at it

Old 04-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Contagious or SDX for injectors. DDP's will smoke regardless unless you are running closer to stock timing.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:24 PM
BRE
Diesel Wrench
Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

SDX injectors are great, and very controllable in my case.