Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

does anyone know what size brake line is on a 95 3500 4wd brake line? i dont have anything to measure it with.... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

ozzking90

View Member's Youtube Account

Default brake line size

does anyone know what size brake line is on a 95 3500 4wd brake line? i dont have anything to measure it with.

ozzking93's Sig:1995 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l Cummins Turbo Diesel,nv4500 swap,no plate,Super Hx40 Turbo,175 pump swap,tst delivery valves,Raptor 150, 4k governer springs and 60lb valve springs, 16-17 degrees of timing, preboost screw in,4 inch turbo back infront of the rear wheel,cold air intake.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Site Sponsor - 1aauto

They should just be regular 3/16 brake line. The fittings im not positive if they are metric or standard.

1AMatt's Sig:Matt
1AAUTO.com
888-844-3393 EXT 161
Truck Parts
Old 02-18-2011, 02:14 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

ozzking90

well after adjusting the idle on my truck because it kept stalling when it was cold... i went to take it for a test and my brakes felt really weak, and i pumped them twice and it got better then it sucked, it has a hole in it right on the frame pointing up, ive only seen two ever have a hole in the top.

im probally going to cut the bad piece out and run new line there and just flare the ends and run connectors instead of replacing the whole thing.

think that should work for a while?
Old 02-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Site Sponsor - 1aauto

The only thing to consider is that if some of the line rotted you arent sure what other parts have also rusted through, so ideally doing the whole line would be best. But for a quick fix, as long as your flares on the lines come out good and will seal then yes it will last for now.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:58 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

ozzking90

well after cutting out the hole in the line i hooked a compression fitting where it was bad.

i looked at the line and it was still in okay shape, i took it down the road after bleeding the system and stomped the brake pedal at about 40 mph and it locked the rear up and the pedal feels like it should,idk if i trust it enough yet to tow with it.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Diesel Fan

Compression fittings and brake lines are a disaster waiting to happen. They are not made to hold that much pressure. Now don't attack me I'm not saying it won't hold but if it wasn't designed to do that job i wouldn't use it for that job. Especially on a safety item like brakes.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Diesel Bomber

View Member's Albums

It only costs a few bucks to replace the whole line, why piece it together

tiremann9669's Sig: 96 12 valve Club Cab 4X4, K&N Intake,4'' Straight Pipe, 285/75R16 Bridgestone Revo's,on 16X8 American Racing Black steelies, Firestone ride rite airbags Future Bombs Guages, Aftermarket lift pump, Fuel plate, Injectors,etc,etc,etc Oh Yea I'm sure a clutch will come into the picture sometime too
Old 02-23-2011, 02:39 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

ozzking90

i just didnt have the money at the time to replace it, i dont know what the dodge place would charge for the brake line.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Site Sponsor - 1aauto

Originally Posted by 1978skidootnt View Post
Compression fittings and brake lines are a disaster waiting to happen. They are not made to hold that much pressure. Now don't attack me I'm not saying it won't hold but if it wasn't designed to do that job i wouldn't use it for that job. Especially on a safety item like brakes.
X2 Compression fittings are a terrible idea for brake lines!!! The entire job will cost you about 15 dollars with lines, fittings, and fluid.

submit to reddit