alright i have the money for a engine rebuild kit. im wantin professional ideas and tips not opinions.
1. i wanna pull my motor get it on a good reliable stand and park my truck for a while.
2. pull my pump off send it to a shop and have magic worked on it.
3. pull my head off strippin the head and gonna have it took to my buddies machine shop for head work and a little this little that as he said ha ha and hes gonna do orings too.
4. this is where i stop wat needs to be disassembled first to last wat bolts nuts do i need to replace wat do i need to look out for wats best to get this off wats best to get that off.
5. any performance if anything is done to the crank? maybe a stupid question but just an idea. goin back with stock connecting rods or wats better then that on a budget scale?
6. im gonna bore it .40 over and put marine bowl pistons in it but is borin a cummins 40 over with those pistons gonna help anything at all?
7.can i bore it myself? wats any other pistons i could go with for a little more power other then flycuts i cant afford them.
8. im gonna get hd push rods and different lifters and etc. for im gonna get a cam off a friend on here in a few months THE BIG STICK
9. arp head studs 12mm or 13mm?
10. im gettin headwork for free but do i need the block decked and if i cant bore the motor how much is that gonna run?
11. and i was thinkin y spend 1500 on a new 64 turbo when i can just get a bottom charger for around 500 and custom do the pipes and stuff for little or nuthin and finally have twins.
13. anything else i need to look for or be warned about i think this will be a pretty neat project for 19 years old and while the motor is out the nv4500 is gonna get tuned a little bit and a dual disc clutch put in it and a synchro or two. rebuildin the front end and paint job and lift kit also. this is gonna take me a good while to pay for all this but worth it