12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Did a tranny swap and now my cruise control doesn't work!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did a tranny swap and now my cruise control doesn't work!

So I swap my automatic tranny in my 98 to a nv4500 from a 97, works great, but my cruise control doesn't work!?! Anyone know what might be the problem or have had this happen to them?

Old 01-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Diesel Fan

No ideas??? I wasnt sure if the cruise control is controlled thru the transmission or somthing else.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Diesel Fan

I don't really think the tranny matters....i'd say its a vacuum leak....there is a line that runs across the crossmember and its is a pain to work around...moving it around you may have pulled something out. When I changed my clutch i pulled a vacuum line loose (and broke one down on the crossmember (if you broke one you can get some flexible tube and just slip it over each side of the old line or you may have just pulled it loose)) and cruise wont work without vacuum. A way to know for sure if its vacuum is to see if your 4x4 and hvac control (probably stuff on defrost) work. If thats not it i would be surprised.....hope to help
Justin