12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Door Hinge

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Door Hinge

searched around and didn't find much. thought i'd make a post to answer my question and have a reference for other people looking for door hinge and door pin question and answers.

my question is my doors a saggin'.... no biggie just need to replace the pins as the hinges are still in good operating condition. I called around and found that from the dealer you can only purchase the entire hinge and not just the pin its self. and of course thats not gonna work at a $114 bucks per hinge! so did some searching online and found some kits on ebay for under twenty bucks to replace just the pins. that'll be perfect but in the listing it says 97' - 02'. Now from taking sometime to search around and from what i read the pins should be the same in my 96'. if someone could let me know if this is correct that'd be great.

also, feel free to give some other info regarding this subject so when people searching for this. maybe even a write up on the process of DIY door pin or hinge replacement. i'm gonna have my body guy do it, but i did read that an engine hoist comes in very handy when supporting the door for pin or hinge replacement. just an idea for someone taking on the task themselves!

thanks

Old 11-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

lmc truck has the best kit if your looking at the same one i did on ebay its missing a bearing

Old 11-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i specifically found this one

DODGE RAM 2500 TRUCK DOOR HINGE PIN KIT & TOOLS 97 - 02: eBay Motors (item 380280165930 end time Nov-16-10 20:45:29 PST)

just needing to clarify that it will indeed work with the 96'er

kept looking and have come to the conclusion that their the same pin from 94' - 02'. here a link to lmc with all the information and part description for the door hinge http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/de/full.aspx?Page=8

Last edited by joshmock; 11-14-2010 at 10:07 AM.