Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

i need to clean my tps,and just want to know how i do it.i found the location i just wanna know if there is any unsuspecting issues to deal with.let me know.mike... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums View Member's Youtube Account

Default 95 12 valve throttle position sensor

i need to clean my tps,and just want to know how i do it.i found the location i just wanna know if there is any unsuspecting issues to deal with.let me know.mike

Mike H's Sig:97' Dodge eclb 47re shift kit, low stall torque converter, 4x4, currently stock height and stock injection pump

SOLD:95 Dodge Cummins 5.9 liter 12valve 2500 w/ 47rh auto tranny.straight piped , CAT air filter,mickey thompson atz tires on 285 70r17 3rd gen rims236xxx miles.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:46 AM
Diesel Fan

well as long as the voltage reads 1.0 volts +/- .2 volts your good.

Heavy Smoker's Sig:1998 dodge ram 2500 12v. BHAF, 5" Turbo Back, #100 fuel plate, tuned afc, shot 47/re, shot tie rods, shot rockers.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Diesel Bomber

ctd12v

View Member's FaceBook Profile

Here is a good resource:

Dodge diesel maintenance tips

Not quite halfway down the page.

daveO's Sig:OUTLAW DB
AMSOIL dealer
*98 Cummins 12v, QC, SB, 2wd, 17* timing, DTT 47RE, HTB2 62/14, ATS Arc-Flow intake, ATS Exhaust manifold, DDP DV's, DDP Stage 4 140hp injectors, 3k GSK, #0 Plate, AFC mods, 5" Aussie stacks, gauges.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

thanks for that link,I just now got to doing it in my school auto class but have not gotten to see if it works yet.just a few more hours to see.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

David teten

Send a message via Yahoo to davo79 View Member's Albums

Damn California trucks I say gut the egress and lose the Toshiba life is so much simpler

davo79's Sig:95 ram 2500 4x4 12v #0 plate custom intake 4k gov 60 pound springs 191dvs new era 370s bd exhaust brake single 6 in stack custom modded 120 gallon fuel tank in the bed
Old 03-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Diesel Bomber

ctd12v

Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
thanks for that link,I just now got to doing it in my school auto class but have not gotten to see if it works yet.just a few more hours to see.
No problem. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:36 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Yep that did the trick!Pushed the throttle and it actually moved!I just went to the gas station and checked my fuel mileage.about 15.78mpg city...not bad but lets see if cleaning the tps increases it.thanks again for ur help.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Diesel Bomber

ctd12v

Nice. Glad it worked out for you.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:10 PM
Diesel Fan

I didnt realize the mechanical trucks had a TPS? Do they all have them more specifically does my 97 have one?

Tbarbee1's Sig:97 3/4 ton 4x4, 370's,191DV's, Pump Benched and balanced, Peak Stage 1 cam, 60lb valve springs, 4k GSK, SB DD clutch, 1/38" input shaft
Old 03-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Diesel Bomber

I'm thinking it's just emissions trucks from california would have that stuff, not 100% sure though

bobcat67's Sig:Thanks to DieselPros of Bozeman, MT Diesel Pros - Repair, Performance, Utility, Off Road - Bozeman, Montana
Goerend Transmission, Automotive Racing Products, Industrial Injection, DDP, Snow Performance, EFI Live, ATS, Pureflow Technologies

submit to reddit