12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

And another question this time a fuel leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 05:27 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default And another question this time a fuel leak

I have a fuel leak in one of the fuel lines and the fuel leaks underneath the tank. The metal lines were already replaced with diesel rubber lines which are in good shape what I'm guessing is that the leak is coming from the metal lines that come from the canister inside the tank that the rubber lines are clamped to. Can these be replaced without buying the whole 500 dollar canister or am I screwed?

Old 10-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Site Mascot
Received 940 Likes on 701 Posts

check your connections to insure they are tight, also bend the rubber lines to look for cracking, if you do new rubber line make sure they are fuel rated

I dont know what metal canister you speK OF

Old 10-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rubber lines were replaced recently but i will take a gander just in case and i may just have the wrong info one the canister. Are there metal lines coming out of the tanks that could have rotted away b/c what it looks like is the fuel is leaking near the top of the tank and the lines are acting as a drip loop carrying the fuel and dripping on to the ground close to the tank.