Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

ive heard from a few people is it true u have to pull the engine to replace the oil pan gasket mines leaking so i want to replace the gasket but not leaking enough for me to pull the engine if u have to pull ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

ATTN pull the engine for oil pan gasket

ive heard from a few people is it true u have to pull the engine to replace the oil pan gasket mines leaking so i want to replace the gasket but not leaking enough for me to pull the engine if u have to pull the engine is there some easy way to stop little drips

thank, josh
Old 06-12-2010, 07:07 PM
BOMBARDIER

No need to pull the engine. But you have to unbolt the motormount and lift the engine on one side to change the gasket. You should be able to just slide the gasket in and bolt the pan back up.

Have you tried tightening your bolts? Have heard of guys pulling the oil pan bolts, one at a time, cleaning them with brake clean and then reinstalling them with Blue Loctite (#242).

Dr. Evil's Sig:
98 12V quad cab 4X4 AND 2001 24V quad cab 4X4

SEEN IT ALL, DONE IT ALL, CAN'T REMEMBER MOST OF IT !

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 06-12-2010 at 07:30 PM..
Old 06-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

no but will due that as soon as the damb rain stops and i can get my other car out the way cant wait to get rid of it having 1 car is the way to go why blue and not red in paintball aplications u use red for permanet and blue to hold the scrwes from falling out the gun
Old 06-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Status: Once you get them by the balls, their hearts and minds are quick to follow

I changed my oil pan by just lifting the engine a few inches. Wasn't that big a deal at all, didn't even have to remove the pick-up tube. Just loosen the motor mounts and the trans mount before lifting. I actually made a bracket to mount to the engine so I could use a hydraulic jack instead of a engine hoist, that made it real easy.

Drothgeb's Sig:1995 RCLB 4WD
10.69@125.8
Old 06-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

sounds alot eaiser than everyone has been telling me
Old 06-13-2010, 12:46 AM
Diesel Wrench

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Send a message via Yahoo to Hammer

Take the valve covers off the top,remove both motor mount bolts and lift the motor up at the front lift point just high enough to allow you to slide the pan out.

Hammer's Sig:2005 Dodge Ram 2500,Black Sport,Quad Cab SB
NADP Billet Auto,2 Pumps & 2 Big Chargers
Mason-Dixon Turbo Diesel Club
MITCHELLized
Old 06-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Diesel Wrench

they are harder on the newer trucks but little bit more room on the 12 valves, but yes you will have to pull the motor mounts, you should be able to do it in one afternoon
good luck its kind of a dirty job

wes-cummins's Sig:97 cummins, star wheel FF, SMOKE SCREW FF, afcFF, NO PLATE
Old 06-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Diesel Wrench

good to know, i did not know this!!!

captain_stabbin's Sig:94 Dodge 2500 2wd with 140hp lbdp injectors htt 66/71/14 turbo 5k gsk 60lb springs no plate 191 dvs 5in turbo back exhaust with 6in tip built auto

kthnxbye!

Old 06-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redneck11 View Post
why blue and not red in paintball aplications u use red for permanet and blue to hold the scrwes from falling out the gun
any one no why u use blue

redneck11's Sig:97 2500 12 valve reg cab long bed few things extra for more power and speed
Old 06-20-2010, 01:41 AM
Diesel Wrench

I'd say you don't want to use red because like you said it's permanent and most of the time you have to heat the bolt up to get it out. Blue is just a medium strength hold. which means it holds enough where the bolt won't fall out but where if needed you can still take it out.

zach_west's Sig:03 dodge reg cab long bed 4x4. black and chrome wheels w/ 315s. Soon to be upgrades:12v, 5 in. exhaust, single disc valair, FASS lift pump, and other various goodies.

submit to reddit