Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

hey guys im about half way through the body work on my 96 dodge. i need to get her all painted up before summber vacation rolls around. woot woot gunna be a big senior next year at the high school , anyways im replacing both ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Diesel Bomber

Default Dodge Ram Front Fender Replacement

hey guys im about half way through the body work on my 96 dodge. i need to get her all painted up before summber vacation rolls around. woot woot gunna be a big senior next year at the high school , anyways im replacing both front fenders. i have the replacement clips that you buy for around 180 each. i just dont see how its attatched to the truck. i see all the bolts on top of the clip that are under the hood. and the one down by the rocker panel. how else is this fender attatched? who has all replaced these fenders? how to do, and tips would be great. need to stop chasin the girlfriend down the halls and start getting some work done on this thing

dan33klein's Sig:**SOLD**
96 Ram 2500 Cummins 12V twin turbo diesel reg cab long box. NEW TORQSHIFT 5R110 TRANSMISSION, 5 inch turbo back exhaust, Holset Super 40 over a Garrett HT3B turbo, SDX 5x.014's, #10 fuel plate,ARP head studs, boost elbow, 4k kit, 60lb valve springs, water/methanol injection,custom air intake,boost,pyro,and oil temp guages.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Diesel Fan

I just did my drivers side one on my 96 and it took awhile as I had to remove everything mounted to the inner fender. I had some help with it but the bolts I did I had to remove the battery tray and there was three bolts under there and then at the front behind the headlight there was 6 bolts. to access these I took the whole headlight assembly out. I think it was three 10mm screws to remove that. I also removed the plastic fender liner (plastic push pins) and under the fender liner you can see a 14mm? bolt that you have to get from under the truck facing upward, this is at the rear of the fender sort of where your brake pedal is(except on the outside) then there is the one at the rear of the fender lower right by the door. I found it helpful to use the bolt holes on the new fender to locate the ones that needed to be removed.
BEFORE you install the new one make sure you have any brackets off the old one first!!!
Good luck to you count on a few hours on the first one.
Chris
Old 03-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Diesel Bomber

alright thanks alot. so i need to remove the battery aye? i have to take off the front bumper and headlights anywho , but thanks alot for the help. i suppose same goes for passenger side?
Old 03-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Diesel Fan

Yes almost the exact same but the passenger side is easier as it didn't have nearly the amount of items mounted on the inner fender. Give the old fenders a good look before mounting the new ones to ensure you have all brackets to bolt too. on the drivers side I had the ABS mounts that I forgot until the fender was mounted.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Diesel Bomber

oh boy , i didnt receive the passenger one yet, is it cut out for the antenna?
Old 03-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Diesel Fan

Mine was cut out and almost the exact fit
Old 03-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Diesel Wrench

There are a couple threads in here about it.....I have done 3 trucks now. The aftermarket replacement fenders DO NOT have the inner fender. You have to drill or cut out the spot welds that hold the inner fender to the outer fender. I can do them in a couple hours now.

PhilipR's Sig:-Phil-98 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4,12V,47RE Suncoast Billet input shaft, Suncoast H/D Extreme Trans kit, Goerend Triple disc converter, FASS 150/90, FASS Suction tube, Amsoil Ea air and pre-filter, 100 plate, 4K GSK, 370's, AFC Mods, CoolerTubz intake, 5" stacks, BD-SBS, Autometer Z-series Pyro/Boost/Trans/FP, Amsoil front to back.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Diesel Bomber

thats good less work
Old 03-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Diesel Wrench

less work? u have 2 weld them back in

oglejust's Sig:94 2500 4x4 12 valve - sdx 5x.014 injectors, no plate, afc mods, sdx comp dvs, 4k gsk, 60# valve springs, rack plug, 22.5* timing, airdog 150, arp head studs, .020 headgasket, 3 piece manifold, 4in exhaust with 6in stack, afe filter, gutted grid heater... not enuff air
Old 03-25-2010, 06:48 AM
Diesel Bomber

View Member's Albums

yup i am doing mine now also...when you take out the plastic wheel well cover there is a ton of tack welds that hold it to the inner fender... i didnt have to take off my bumber though.... just check fitment 3,000,000,,000,00,000 times before you tack it back in.. clamp it in place and shut the hood and door and make sure the gap is right then burn her in

monster12valve's Sig:SOLD! 94' 2500 4x4, 5"mbrp to 8in black stack , bhaf, no plate, afc tune, isspro gauges, 4k gsk, 60lb VS, ATS intake manifold, tc lock up switch, 5x14's, 191 dv's, single disk, shift kit.
2007 powerstroke, cc,sb 4x4. stockish

submit to reddit