Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

Hi everybody, My dad's 95' ctd is a 3/4ton 4x4 5spd reg cab longbed. We would like to convert it to a dually 1 ton. Bed is not a concern, its a flatbed. How hard is it to perform this kind of operation. Is there ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

Default 95' 3/4 to 1 ton

Hi everybody,
My dad's 95' ctd is a 3/4ton 4x4 5spd reg cab longbed. We would like to convert it to a dually 1 ton. Bed is not a concern, its a flatbed. How hard is it to perform this kind of operation. Is there ant way to convert the dana 80 that is under there already? like different drums and longer studs? Or is it more feesable to find a junkyard dually rearend and swap them out?. What do you have to do to the front axle? We just replaced it with a junkyard axle and really don't want to replace it again! haha. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know i forgot alot of stuff so i need all the help i can get!! thanks
ez

ez_lle71's Sig:Daily driver:92' D250,regcab,2x4,getrag360,KDP killed,Chrome 5" turnout stack,BHAF w/mount & intake,isspro pyro&boost,turned up VE pump,HX-35,2nd gen chrome rims, dual batteries, headlight relays tiny tach
Good Truck:04.5' ram 2500,regcab,4x4,NV5600,muff del,alum fltbd,silencer ring MIA,gutted torque tube, Amsoil 4510 w/pvc adapter,Boss hogg bumper grill guard
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Diesel Bomber

The rear axle you should just be able to bolt the duals up to it. As for the front it is just adaptors that you bolt on.

Andy

DazedandConfused's Sig:Andy
1983/93 Dodge D150/250 Cummins, 518 auto, 3.55 Dana 70. Waiting to install 3.07gears and limited slip diff and restore body.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DazedandConfused View Post
The rear axle you should just be able to bolt the duals up to it. As for the front it is just adaptors that you bolt on.

Andy
Really!! That would be awesome if we don't have to swap rearends!!! i will have to find the front adapters. I seen them on a oem dually dodge at the tire shop awhile ago, so i should know what to look for. thanks andy!
ez
Old 05-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Diesel Bomber

Not a problem, I have sold a few DANA 80's out of 3/4 tons and I have been able to put duals on all of them. Run small tires like 215/85/16 on there. Only thing I would watch for is seeing how close they are to the springs. Find the older version Dually wheels.

Andy
Old 05-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

What year dually wheels? Like the older versions that would have been on a 95' dually? thanks
Old 05-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Diesel Bomber

Yeah the old four hole wheels. Stay away from the newer ones like on the 00+ trucks. They had a different spaceing on the newer wheels.

Andy
Old 05-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Thanks dazed!! Do you know any good dodge junkyards?!!
ez
Old 05-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Diesel Bomber

No Problem, I really dont know any yards that deal with just Dodges. Any old dually wheels should work, they were all the same if I remember correct.

Andy
Old 05-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

How come u said to run small tires? will the tires not clear the springs? just wondering. Do u have any spare rims u want to get rid of? haha
ez
Old 05-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Diesel Bomber

you might need some more leaf springs too

bow2no1's Sig:

submit to reddit