12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

boost "elbow" question

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost "elbow" question

I have a 95 Ford F700 crew cab with 46" michelins on 5 ton combat rims with a 12 valve and 5 speed eaton. I just installed egt and boost gauges and have been seeing my starting point boost/egt numbers all week. Boost at 22~24 psi max, and on a long lug egt's below 1000F. I just ordered a set of 3k/4k springs. I am planning on an install this weekend. Figured while I was there I would slide my stock plate to up the fueling. ( I am **** and only want to change one part at a time, easier to see what if anything caused the problems). Still debating on buying or grinding a fuel plate, doesn't look difficult.....Anyway, on to the question.

My truck does not have a boost fitting on the turbo , it sends the signal from the afc housing to the waste gate via a steel line running across the top of the valve train.I am wanting to use the block off/ bleed off type of boost "elbow" . Do I place the bleed off hole on the afc side of the block off or on the waste gate side of the block off?