12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

TPS question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPS question

Hey everyone! So I just bought my first diesel because I wanted to familiarize myself with them more and I have always wanted. It's 1995 Cummins 2500 with a 1500 body swap auto. The wiring on this thing is sketchy to say the least... So I am currently trying to slowly work my way through the issues. My question right now is I noticed the guy before took off the TPS and replaced it with a toggle switch. Which is fine by me. I just flip it on when I hit 65 and of where I slow down. Now is there anyway to leave it set up in this manner but also convince the pcm not to turn on the check engine light or would I have to switch to a pot setup? Also my cruise doesn't work and I read it could possibly be this tps delete is that possible? However my horn also doesn't work so I feel like it's more than likely the clock spring. (I believe that's what it's called) any help is greatly appreciated! Thank!