12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

97 cummins quad cab swap

Old 01-22-2016, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 cummins quad cab swap

I have a 97 cummins auto that I recently bought I am in the process of fixing it up and going to repaint it. Here is the problem, the cab is really rough the rocker panels are gone and the innerspring are bad to. I have located a rust free 24v quad cab that I can get for free. I am wondering what I will need to do to make the gauge cluster work and the other lights. If I can't make it work will my 97 dash fit In the cab.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:55 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 347 Likes on 309 Posts

Sounds like a lot of work the cabs should be the same both 2nd gens but all the wiring and the interface of the creature comfort stuff is probably not plug and play. Just guessing.
maybe it would be easier to put the P-pump engine and trans in the 24 valve body.

Old 01-23-2016, 02:04 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK if u r going to change cab that was a 24v then u will have to change the dash an wiring out of u r cab so it will b a plug an go.thats the only way that will work. It's not that hard to do but it is time consumming. Been there done that. I have a 98 12v ext cab 4 door it's almost rust free. Have a lot of new parts. Only thing it needs is a new heart. Trans has been rebuilt about 8 months ago. Has billet heavy duty parts,lock up converter,new brakes rotors,calipter,hub bearings,drag bar,just put in new heater core. Then the motor went bad. The injectors were the problem with motor there were leaking an it hurt number 3 cylinder. It was my first diesel an I didn't know about that so I just kept driving. That was a mistake. I'm thinking about selling it. But just don't know what it's worth.

Search this Thread