12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

4k gsk install

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 03:08 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 4k gsk install

Never cared to ask but just bored, ever since I have installed my gsk I have to touch the throttle to start it, cold or warm. If I do not touch the peddle it will just sit their and crank, I read something about the pre boost fueling screw effecting this. Does anyone know anything about this.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:22 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

I know that mine doesn't have that issue, but I also know that the user manual that came in the glovebox of my truck specifically says to do so, and it certainly didn't come from the factory with a 4K GSK. Which doesn't change the fact that you shouldn't have to... I suspect something isn't set quite right in there but unfortunately, everything but the most basic of tuning on my pump I farmed out. Hopefully someone with more hands on will step in.

Old 12-12-2015, 08:23 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

It's a common thing. Moving the afc housing forward depending where yours is can help. Pre boost helps a bit but Id set that for throttle response and not starting. And the star wheel does help as well. Usually I just do it by setting the housing. All depends on your tuning tho. Where you need everything. It's not an issue to have to touch the throttle though. Every performance 12 I've worked on has needed to at some point.

Old 12-12-2015, 10:06 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah that's what iv been reading and looking up.. figured why not sort thing out while I'm doing all this work, turbo, torch overflow valve, and retuning everything.