12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

CHP looking for performance parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 12:29 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default CHP looking for performance parts

This is in California so we have to smog our diesels from 98.5 and up. But I am having a CHP showing up at work saying I have aftermarket parts in my truck. He can not do a dam thing on a smog exmiped vehicle. Am I wrong!? Oh and NO I am not rolling coal or anything I am one of those ones who don't care for the kids that think it's cool. I do not dump smoke and their is no reason for this idiot to come after me.

The following users liked this post:
w6pea (11-17-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 12:36 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Best advice I can give you is to look up your state laws and make sure your good to go. If you are in fact legal then he can go pound sand, if he doesn't lIke it lawyer up.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:08 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cummins Pride
This is in California so we have to smog our diesels from 98.5 and up. But I am having a CHP showing up at work saying I have aftermarket parts in my truck. He can not do a dam thing on a smog exmiped vehicle. Am I wrong!? Oh and NO I am not rolling coal or anything I am one of those ones who don't care for the kids that think it's cool. I do not dump smoke and their is no reason for this idiot to come after me.
Obviously he thinks that he has a reason. I would be polite and follow the previous advice check your your state laws and make sure that you all of your "ducks in a row" . If you do great but, don't be shy about retaining an attorney if neccesary.

On the other hand if you are in the wrong being polite and sincere can keep a bad situation from potentially getting much worse.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:09 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

Oh yes I know, biggest frustrating thing is that I hardly drive the truck do to long trips to work do I drive my jetta tdi. The CHP even noticed that and said that I drive a car more now. It's like this guy is trying to get me for no reason. I just had a sheriff a couple weeks ago tell me how he liked the truck and if different looking.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:16 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

Oh yes I know, biggest frustrating thing is that I hardly drive the truck do to long trips to work do I drive my jetta tdi. The CHP even noticed that and said that I drive a car more now. It's like this guy is trying to get me for no reason. I just had a sheriff a couple weeks ago tell me how he liked the truck and if different looking.
That would concern me. Why is he paying such close attention to you? Did you inadvertently (or otherwise) bang his wife and or daughter?

Old 11-17-2015, 01:42 AM

Who did you **** off? Next time he shows up be polite ask him for his name and badge number. Make sure you have a witness and be polite.

The write a letter of complaint to the CHP or better yet to Gov. Moonbeam aka Gov.Brown.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Diesel Fan

I would agree with the above. The fact that you have attracted the attention of CHP (or at very least this one particular officer) would be very disconcerting. Time to start driving like a little old lady (that isn't from Pasadena) on her way to church until things get sorted out.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:30 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

Originally Posted by w6pea
Who did you **** off? Next time he shows up be polite ask him for his name and badge number. Make sure you have a witness and be polite.

The write a letter of complaint to the CHP or better yet to Gov. Moonbeam aka Gov.Brown.
no one I go to school and then bust my as working in a shop all day everyday. Never even seen this CHP before

Old 11-17-2015, 10:33 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

Originally Posted by South Tx Coal Roller
That would concern me. Why is he paying such close attention to you? Did you inadvertently (or otherwise) bang his wife and or daughter?
Concerns me as well, I had a speeding ticket last year, I was totally polite didn't argue took my ticket paid it off just how it should be taking care of( i was in my commuter car not even my pickup.. and its not that chp either that pulled me over) and I just had a sheriff telling me how nice it is ... makes no absolute since for this chp

Old 11-17-2015, 11:19 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

Concerns me as well, I had a speeding ticket last year, I was totally polite didn't argue took my ticket paid it off just how it should be taking care of( i was in my commuter car not even my pickup.. and its not that chp either that pulled me over) and I just had a sheriff telling me how nice it is ... makes no absolute since for this chp
How long have you owned the truck?

Back when I got my first truck (82' K5 Blazer 4x4) I would get pulled over non-stop for doing absolutely nothing wrong. I was flat out being harassed and I had no idea why. Well, after doing some asking around town it turned out the son of guy I bought it from was a known drug dealer. It took getting new license plates to finally get things straightened out.