12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Seats

Old 11-15-2015, 11:48 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Wiring in power seats isn't hard. Just run a fused hot wire to the seats and attach a ground to the floorboard.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

There's a lot more that two wires involved with Chevy seats. Half the controls are on the door.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:25 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JBearSVT
There's a lot more that two wires involved with Chevy seats. Half the controls are on the door.
I was talking about regular power seats, not the ones with power lumbar, heat, A/C, kegarator, snowcone maker, electric shaver, DVD player, and requires 1.21 gigawatts to fire up the ol' flux capacitor.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:42 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

Well if they don't have at least a flux capacitor and electric shaver, they aren't even worth talking about here... and those are a few wires all by themselves right there.

Old 12-05-2015, 12:03 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My 95 has Chevy seats from an 02 loaded Silverado. You guys may have read my post about it. I don't know. My truck has had some much done to it I lose track of who has seen what and what I've posted.

Leather, lumbar, 6 way power, heated. My truck cane with dodge power seats. 2 wires compared to....alot.

They were from a 4 door, and my truck is a reg cab. They were as different as possible.
Bit of a tight fit with the Dodge seat, but I kept the OEM mounting points with a little creativity. I made up a bracket for the front bolts to keep the seats level. Really was pretty easy.

I did not wire them by myself as wiring isn't my Forte. I know that I have everything except memory settings, and that's apparently not too hard if I want.

All of the controllers and everything are powered from the seat. The door controls are only on the door due to accessibility.

You can wire in everything on the dash with aftermarket switches. My goal is to have fancy toggle switches for it all.

I have the wiring diagrams for them from Chevrolet. As I recall, both seats run from one power wire with the passenger set up as a slave from the driver, with a relay in between .

Last edited by Slim Whitey; 12-05-2015 at 12:11 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:14 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

As for SASing the dmax, it's none too nice of a job. Last I checked, you needed about 4-6" of lift to do it.

In the newer ones that run coilovers/struts in the front it'd be marginally easier than converting one that formerly used torsion bars. But I think those use rack and pinion steering, which would be a pain with a solid axle.

It's kind of a mess no matter how you slice it.

Old 12-06-2015, 09:34 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got the seats out on thanksgiving but haven't put them in yet. I pulled the truck into the shop yesterday after I lost fifth gear. I think it's the synchronizer again. It quit pulling and when I shifted to forth it was fine, but fifth is blocked out now.

Old 12-06-2015, 09:37 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm going to put the seats in and install a boost gauge pyro gauge and fuel pressure gauge as well as boost elbow while I have it down.

Old 12-07-2015, 02:18 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

That reminds me.... I really need a Pyro, FP, and oil pressure gauge. .

Search this Thread