12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Transgo SK-TFOD-JR

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transgo SK-TFOD-JR

I have been around diesels (mostly Cummins) for a while but not really much in the transmission side of it. I was told that a TransGo SK-TFOD-JR kit will work for a diesel. Does anyone have any experience with it. I am rebuilding my trans and wanna firm up the shifts. I wish I had the money for a full valve body but with the rebuild and new converter I am gonna have to wait on the valve body. But for $30 the JR kit looks enticing. Thanks for the input.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:32 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

It will work, I know people have done it. It is not recommended. I don't know why. I do know that TransGo makes a TFOD Diesel kit, and I would assume that they do that for a reason, I just don't know what that reason is. I also know it costs 3-4X as much, so I'm assuming it's more than a simply tweak to the installation instructions, but I've never been able to get a straighter answer than "it does more". Which I'm not sure I buy, but I digress.