12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Interesting find during boost elbow install.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 09:04 PM
VLP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting find during boost elbow install.

This evening I decided to install the boost elbow I had laying around in my 12v. I was unaware that there was already a boost elbow installed because admittedly I didn't bother to check. However under closer examination I noticed an alarming problem. Please see the pictures below.
The T fitting that the boost elbow is threaded into, that is then threaded into the AFC as well as another line that goes up toward the intake, was not tight. I was able to pull it out of the AFC by hand and noticed that it was mangled and obviously not sealing.
My question is, what is the purpose of the other line coming off of there, and what might a problem like this been affecting when it comes to the performance and health of the truck? It has likely been like this for a long time judging by the wear that the piece had undergone. I am obviously replacing that piece tomorrow and hope the treads within the AFC housing were undamaged.

Attached Thumbnails Interesting find during boost elbow install.-image.jpg