Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

I am looking for more power in my stock 98 12v. I have not done anything except straight factory exhaust without muffler and I just got the transmission rebuilt to handle the power. I am thinking about air tube, #10 plate and 3k spring kit. ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Diesel Fan

Default Govener spring kit change

I am looking for more power in my stock 98 12v. I have not done anything except straight factory exhaust without muffler and I just got the transmission rebuilt to handle the power. I am thinking about air tube, #10 plate and 3k spring kit. But in the information it was saying for manual transmission. Will it be fine for my auto? Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks
Old 05-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

cummins12vman

View Member's Albums

intake and to save money you dont have to run a plate but the only problem is there will be a lot of smoke with no plate

cummins Pride's Sig:# 0 fuel plate,afc WFO,afe stage 2 intake,,boost elbow,80hp industrial injectors,60lbs springs,4kgsk,mac plug,7in stack,7in lift on 37s,firestone air bags ,sound system,dual auto meter guages, ,dual shock steering stabilizer, kdp fixed,
1989 2wd first gen,k&n intake,straight pipe with 6in tip,denny-t stage 2 fuel pin,starcrew wfo,timing advanced,3200 gsp,fuel screw messed with.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Status: took the ol 12v out for a ride tonight and boy did i miss it!

i would just grind your own plate. you can look up the profiles online and all you need is a bench grinder. its pretty straight forward
Old 05-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Diesel Fan

what do you mean when you say intake.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

cummins12vman

View Member's Albums

get a afe stage2 intake if you dont all ready have one or i would
Old 06-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Diesel Fan

Taylor Packer

I would just pull the plate and tune the afc good, Ive been running no plate for a while and I get mine to clean up good after I put some good tuning into the afc , I honestly would run the 4k's over 3k's especially being an automatic, you will never see 4k unless you drop into manual (1st-2nd) but the 4k's will give you a little more fuel on the bottom end also

95taylor331's Sig:*94 2500,5 speed, 662hp-1403tq best 13.14 @112
*96 Freightliner FLD 120, flat top, 15" blind mount, 22" wrap around bumper, polished out, 530hp N-14, 9speed eaton(that I hate) soon 8"x96" west coast style pipes
*01 3500, 260k miles, stock work truck

submit to reddit