Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

So i finally got my DV socket, which i ordered to fix the two leaking DVs. Took DVs out and replaced small o-rings, but didnt change the green o-ring. threw everything back together,fired it up and its noticeablly misfiring. I cracked the lines to find ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2013, 09:05 PM

Default 12v misfiring after DV leak fix?

So i finally got my DV socket, which i ordered to fix the two leaking DVs. Took DVs out and replaced small o-rings, but didnt change the green o-ring. threw everything back together,fired it up and its noticeablly misfiring. I cracked the lines to find out which cyl it was, second one back from front of motor.dissasembled and cleaned the injector to make sure it wasnt grit sucked through from when i opened the DV up. everything back together. Still misfiring.no black smoke at idle, idle drops a little and smooths out when i crack misfiring line. Any ideas? maybe i put something in wrong?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

just a note too, it misfires from idle to wide open

liv4sno1's Sig:94 2500 12v 4x4 srw- 4" turbo back, clamp on filter

Last edited by liv4sno1; 05-11-2013 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Diesel Wrench

View Member's Albums

What is a DV

Delivery valves?

1993firstgennewbie's Sig:1993 d350 "she aint pretty but she puts out" turned up pump with denny t fuel pin and bosch 3200 spring, black 6" mbrp mitre cut, 4" straight pipe, new hx 35 turbo,k&n, 2003 17" dodge dually rims "hub cap delete", 5 speed, spicer 70 with 4:10s posi, new ipod radio with 4 6x9s, new shocks, new bosch fuel linkage rod, new widow tint, and a black tool box brought back from the dead

Last edited by 1993firstgennewbie; 05-13-2013 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-15-2013, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

View Member's Albums View Member's Youtube Account

Originally Posted by 1993firstgennewbie View Post
What is a DV

Delivery valves?
yup

97cummins's Sig:

submit to reddit