12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Interior help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior help?

I just bought my reg cab 95 cummins about a month ago. Bottom line it wasnt a lil dirty, im talking headliner is almost solid black and the floor had some spots of solid grease that 4 cans of carpet cleaner didnt get out, and purple power. Got the carpet clean enough and used the interior paint. Brushed and re coated a few times and it looks great. Now for my headliner. But im thinking about builing a shelf across the top. I saw the shelf-it kits, but from all the reviews ive seen, it sucks. So my plan is to wrap that piece as well as the rest of the top. Anyone know a good place to get headliner? what about putting a noise reduction mat on first then the headliner, has anyone tried that?
thanks

Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 AM

Auto Zone might maybe you could order one from O`Reilly`s. i`ve gotten mine from there and their pretty decent. hope that helps?

Old 05-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

I have had excellent luck with Westley's Bleche White tire cleaner on headliners. We have some pretty nasty trucks in our fleet, but seldom any stains that Westley's and a scrub brush and some water can't get out. Dash's, door panels, carpet. Don't get a lung full of it, but it works great.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:52 AM

that sounds great to use might keep that in mind for a few of the trucks at my place!

Old 05-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

for the head liner you can do it your self. all you do is remove the old grey fabric from the actual head liner and there will be a thin layer of foam under that and take a wire brush that isnt super aggressive and get all that foam off untill you have a even surface. Then you find a piece of fabric you like custom or stock and a can of spray glue. do not cut the fabric and make sure you have plenty to cover your head liner then all you do is liberally spray the glue on the head liner and apply the fabric you have about 5 mins of working time with the glue

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

for the sound mat you just apply that to the sheet metal

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

here is a good video

Last edited by 1993firstgennewbie; 05-02-2013 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Diesel Fan

All the input is helpfull! Im definatly going to try the tire cleaner trick, If that gets this clean ill know itll do anything
Is there any specific material that yall use, im definately gonna get some black when i pull it all and mat it. Material that holds up the best? I dont want a saggy headliner anytime soon. Or is that just from poor prep work?
Thanks!

Old 05-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

Saggy headliner is more a problem of the prep than the material.