Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

Okay I've got, well actually my dad has a 1998 dodge cummins 2wd auto. All stock besides some fuel turned up. When we drive it, if it is on a strain or turning or in you floor it, it fells like something is popping up ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Diesel Fan

Default help trans issue!!

Okay I've got, well actually my dad has a 1998 dodge cummins 2wd auto. All stock besides some fuel turned up. When we drive it, if it is on a strain or turning or in you floor it, it fells like something is popping up and rattling on the floor. My old first Gen did it but mine was just mounts. I looked under and got a prybar but nothing loose. Idk if it is the trans slipping or what. But the floor aggressively shakes when you gun it. But its like a small constant rattling when its warmed up. Any ideas???

1990CTD's Sig:1- 1996 ford 7.3 4x4 5 speed stock besides 4 inch exhaust with 6 inch tip and programmer soon.
2- 1998 dodge 2500 2wd, pump turned up.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Diesel Fan
Status: shooting for world class GM mastertech by next year

weerd..

would need to get this on a rack with the wheels off the ground and see it in action

this might be a longshot but check your front drive shaft cardan joint and u joints

actually if any drive shaft has a problem the noise and or vibration can transfer pretty good to the cab floor

verify your front drive shaft is not locked in 2wd and check the joints

please update , this sounds like a interesting diagnosis

good luck
scott

mytrucksmokesmorethanme's Sig:
ASE Mastertech
Chrysler Mastertech
Proud Father and Husband
Old 03-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Diesel Fan

So I should put a jack under the rear end and try it? And there is no grant drive shaft? Its a 2wd.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Diesel Bomber

aint got one aint got one aint got one never played does the original PS have this option? isnt this a money order thing?

i would check u-joints and the carrier bearing if it is an extend id cab.

submit to reddit