12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

can i use a fire ring kit like a o-ring kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i use a fire ring kit like a o-ring kit

ok so ive been looking for a O-ring kit and cant find one but there are plenty of fire ring kits out there my question is if i buy just the fire rings and machine them to right parturition for the O-ring kit and run a 'normal' head gasket will it work ? just wondering thanks

Old 10-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cop724
ok so ive been looking for a O-ring kit and cant find one but there are plenty of fire ring kits out there my question is if i buy just the fire rings and machine them to right parturition for the O-ring kit and run a 'normal' head gasket will it work ? just wondering thanks
Sorry to tell ya but no. The stock gasket has "fire rings" the kits are just larger rings the go in to a machined slot with a special gasket(stock fire rings removed). O rings place a machined groove in either the head or the block(head most of the time) and is then "crushed" to fit in a thicker hg like a stock one. Hope that helps

Old 10-26-2013, 11:29 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 142 Likes on 136 Posts

Yup.. not cheep ... gonna run ya about 1K to do the head and gasket kit and all .... then you need studs ....

If you dont intend on running over 50-55 psi , or over 500HP ... just good Cummins OEM HG and a set of ARP studs ... all will be well