Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

I know there are a few places out there that sell/make them, but which one is best and I see some are different thickness's.. Does this really matter? It also looks like custom-diesel.com has the best deal at $139 what do you think? And last ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Diesel Fan

Default steering box stabilizer, which one is best?

I know there are a few places out there that sell/make them, but which one is best and I see some are different thickness's.. Does this really matter? It also looks like custom-diesel.com has the best deal at $139 what do you think? And last question what is the best route to go for a leveling kit???

Thanks!

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

I now see custom-diesel has a steering stabilizer and 2" leveling kit package for $219 this seems pretty good to me what do you think!?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

can anyone give me some input?? Is there any difference between this one from custom-diesel or an equivalent from ebay?

DerekP129's Sig:-94 dodge 2500 12 valve, SC, SLT, 4x4, auto, aftermarket TC, derale 4+ quart trans pan, #0 plate, 5inch exhaust to 7inch tip, AFE intake, kdp fixed, 4.10's with detroit locker, glowshift boost trans pyro, 3k gsk, 15*.

Last edited by DerekP129; 01-29-2013 at 11:08 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-01-2013, 09:30 PM
High Tech Redneck

Jacob Boness

BD steering stabalizer is my vote, I've had on on my old 2k Ram with a leveling kit. If you are planning to have the truck for awhile I would stay away from puck style leveling kits for the stock coils. They ride like a brick. If that doesnt matter to you then yes that will work good

Red_Rattler's Sig:JAKE

DIESEL BOMBERS SUPER MODERATOR

CLICK HERE FOR SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER AKA BOMBARDIER
03Flame Red 2500 4x4 QuadCab Handshaker HO,Kore HP Kit, Smarty REVO, AIRDOG II 165, Banks TechniCooler, K&N FIPK, MBRP Cool Duals 6inch tips, GunSlinger Pistol Grip Shifter, SRT Inine 6 Hood, Jacobs Brake

95 2500 4X4 Ext Cab Handshaker "BUCKN' BADGER"
Old 02-14-2013, 11:46 PM
BOMBARDIER

View Member's Albums

I have the custom diesel steering stabilizer on my truck w/6" lift.. works great ..Big difference in steering. ...

MECHANIC's Sig:95 Ram2500 8" skyjacker lift, 315/75-16, BHAF ,AFC ff, 4" straight pipe to 5"SS stacks ,4k,35 # boost. HUGHES PERFORMANCE Premium Race Box kit
ALTO Red cluthes, Kolene steels ,Kevlar Race bands.,Transgo Shift kit, Billet Input shaft, Billet Flex plate, Billet 3 disk 400 under stock Torque converter..EBC SERIES 7000 GREENSTUFF Brake pads to STOP it..... s
Old 02-15-2013, 12:29 AM
Diesel Fan

Thanks for the info guys I ended up ordering this off of ebay because it was the cheapest I could find and they seem to all be built the same.

(1994 2002 Dodge RAM 2500 3500 1500 4x4 Steering Gear Box Stabilizer | eBay)

I got it on monday but haven't installed it yet, It looks great though and came packaged really nice haha. I'll have it installed in a few days and let you guys know how it is as I'm in the middle of doing some work to my truck.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums

Dodge Ram Steering Stabilizer - Hell Bent Steel

http://www.hellbentsteel.com/product...ling-kits.html

What I got on my 9612v and its great!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:15 AM
Diesel Wrench
Status: <- Finally found a big enough air filter for mah' Dodge!

Originally Posted by DerekP129 View Post
I'll have it installed in a few days and let you guys know how it is as I'm in the middle of doing some work to my truck.
Please do

JBearSVT's Sig:
365ooo mi.
BHAF ~ 60/68/14 DP turbo ~ ported/o-ring head ~ 3 angle valves ~ 60# springs ~ ARP's ~ benched pump ~ 4K/GSK ~ 18° ~ no plate ~ 5x13 VCOs ~ 3pc manifold ~ 4" MBRP
47RE: triple disc TC ~ smart lockup switch ~ hand rubbed VB ~ steel planetaries ~ billet everything ~ deep pan ~ blah blah blah...
Old 02-27-2013, 09:47 PM
Diesel Fan

Hey guys, put my steering stabilizer in the other day and wow what a difference! It feels like a brand new truck and was a super easy install. Even while towing our flat deck car hauler loaded I noticed a huge difference
Old 02-28-2013, 06:31 AM
Diesel Wrench
Status: <- Finally found a big enough air filter for mah' Dodge!

Good to know, thanks for the update!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Diesel Fan

meathook360

Originally Posted by Red_Rattler View Post
If you are planning to have the truck for awhile I would stay away from puck style leveling kits for the stock coils. They ride like a brick.
HUH? a big advantage to using those pucks is that they retain the factory ride quality for cheap. how could adding a 2" spacer possibly change the spring rate of the spring?
Old 03-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

cummins12vman

View Member's Albums

i got mine from custom diesel you can find them in the dieselpower magazines towards the end of the magazine the price is right and easy to put on

cummins Pride's Sig:# 0 fuel plate,afc WFO,afe stage 2 intake,,boost elbow,80hp industrial injectors,60lbs springs,4kgsk,mac plug,7in stack,7in lift on 37s,firestone air bags ,sound system,dual auto meter guages, ,dual shock steering stabilizer, kdp fixed,
1989 2wd first gen,k&n intake,straight pipe with 6in tip,denny-t stage 2 fuel pin,starcrew wfo,timing advanced,3200 gsp,fuel screw messed with.

submit to reddit