12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

transgo shift kit has me pullin out my hair!! HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beer transgo shift kit has me pullin out my hair!! HELP!!

Hey guys this is my first post here and I am really hoping this forum is better than the last one I tried. I filled out my signature with my truck and my Mods. So here is the prob... I installed a transgo shift kit and after adjusting my tv cable I was able to get 1st thru 3rd and lockup kicks in as it should but it will not engage into overdrive. The trans feels great it pulls a MILLION times harder than it did and has good firm shifts. I'm lost here guys. I have pulled the valve body out twice and triple checked every including check *****, line pressure, and all the springs. So please let me know and i look forward to talking to everyone.

P.s. sorry for the long post just wanted to get the whole story out there. Lol

Old 01-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 104 Likes on 101 Posts

OD is electronic. is the shift soleinoid in good working order?

Old 01-02-2013, 06:26 PM

It was before the shift kit was installed. The trans operated normal before the install just went with the shift kit to get firmer shifts and higher line pressure to support my Mods

Old 01-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 104 Likes on 101 Posts

ok whats a fully built DTT trans consist of and why the hell would you need a shift kit on top of that? ALL built trans have a shift kit of some sort installed in them. could you have made something a little to big?

Old 01-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 367 Likes on 251 Posts

I would check tps voltages before i did anything. Probably use a scan tool to command lockup and determine if the solenoid is being energized and has adequate ground. Often the throttle shaft and bell crank will become loose and cause rapid glitches that cant be seen with a dvom only a dso. The glitches can cause erratic operation of functions such as lockup.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Old 01-02-2013, 08:01 PM

The PO had the trans rebuilt. It only has about 7,500 miles on it. I have the repeipt that shows DTT stage 3 master rebuild along with a billet input shaft and triple disc TC plus labor and everything. I believe that the factory valve body was used or it was a mildly built one since all the holes in the seperator plate had not been enlarged like transgo says for firmer shifts.