12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Started to order parts for my build and had questions on installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Started to order parts for my build and had questions on installation

Ok I got 191 delvery valves 60 pound valve springs and head studs. I was wonder ing how do I do the delivery valves? I'm sending the head to machine shop and thy are installing the springs. Also I wa thinking about getting .078 injector lines has anyone run these? Or should I just get stock ones? Also what would be a good turbo for my build looking for 500 horse also what's a good injector set for this hp level? Also shoul I get an air dog or will stick lift pump handle it?

Old 12-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the DVs youll need a DV socket its pretty cheap you can get em online. you need to take off all injector lines, intake horn, make sure you dont get anything in the lines, you should clean the surfaces of pump and manifold and all that first. take the DV socket and remove the #1 dv barrel (its the thing that the injector lines screw onto on the pump) dont lose the spring and filler piece from inside. take either needle nose pliers or a pencil magnet and remove the DV, it should come out in 2 pieces. just pop the new one in there. MAKE SURE that you only do one at a time, each barrel is shimmed for that specific seat, so dont mix them up. replace the remaining dvs and torque the barrels down, i think its 85 ft lbs but double check that. install the injector lines, tighten the lines on the pump but only finger tighten them on the injctors so you can bleed them. install intake horn etc, bleed injectors, tighten them up again fire it up and have fun and as for the other parts, if you already have stock lines id just stick with them, if you need new ones .078s would be fine, i dont think itll really help or hurt much. for 500HP an s300 MIGHT get you there with a 4kgsk. but twins with an s300 over a s400 would definitely get you there.