12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

gov spring and afc issue?

Old 10-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gov spring and afc issue?

Ok over the weekend I tightend my stock gov springs not sure how many clicks but took it back apart 3 times and keep loosing them try to get it right took my fuel plate out dont AFC mods washer and ground the foot I think I grounded that to far Is that going to be a problem? And now truck still idles a little high at like 900 hard to start won't go to full throtall i push gas half way and pullls ok if i push any farther its not like im pushing it any farther won't pull harder acell faster or anything feels like i still only have it at half throtal . Any input on. What is going on here ? I'd like to fix this asap so if someone can point me the right way soon thatd be great thanks

Old 10-23-2012, 02:31 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 76 Likes on 73 Posts

buy a decent GSK...

Old 10-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Diesel Fan

I would if I wasn't completely strapped for cash at the moment I jus wanted to toy with it and see what kind of changes I could get so what about my AFC foot . Will it b a pro blem if I grinded to much off ?

Old 10-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Diesel Bomber

Originally Posted by javelinamx1974
I would if I wasn't completely strapped for cash at the moment I jus wanted to toy with it and see what kind of changes I could get so what about my AFC foot . Will it b a pro blem if I grinded to much off ?
Not really, you will always have AFC control with your right foot...

Will not be any trouble as long as you keep your foot out of it...

As long as you have not been f*cking around with your fuel plate, your AFC cut-out will not have that much of an effect...

Have you toyed with the starwheel yet?

Here's a suggestion list for you:

#1, get some gauges...

#2, get at least a #60 Valvespring set

#3, get a decent 4k GSK kit or your preferral

#4, toy with your AFC & fuel plate

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

I see your truck is a 95 P7100, but is it an automatic tranny or manual tranny ?

Last edited by angelic0-; 10-23-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Diesel Fan

Ya I've actually talked to you before on here my truck has some work to I i haven't put in my signature sorry. I have air dog bigger injjectors tuned the AFC with 0 fuel plate 5 spd trans with very good clutch 40 psi of boost I have gauages 4 in ex. With 5 in dual sacks .. Now this weekend ... I tightens my gov springs cuz there are worn out it didn't rev smoothly any more didn't wanna go over 2k it revs nice now and I done my AFC upgrades the washer and grinded the back of the ffoot down and took out my fuel plate . Thbiggest problem is that it fuels to half thoatal but after that it won't fuel any more itss like im still at half throtal and I can only pull a little over 20 psi of boost

I would buy all the stud 4k springs 60 lbs valves springs s do a head gasket with orings and studs if I could afford it right now . I just done all that to my buddys truck. But my job hasn't been treating me very well lately and I only have enough cash to do what I have to dont get to have much fun with the truck until next year probably

Last edited by javelinamx1974; 10-23-2012 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-24-2012, 04:19 AM
Diesel Bomber

a GSK will set you back less than 100$ if you ask a vendor to provide it

i suggest PMing the following;

Diesel Dawgs Performance, BBD Performance or KT Performance

They've come in handy for me best prices... best products...

Old 10-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Diesel Fan

ok ill. Look into that when I get paid but do you think the gov spring is my fueling / throtal problem or could it have something to do with I i done with the AFC?

ok well I am a dumb *** I should have looked a little harder my AFC foot wasn't getting full travel because I i done all this I broke my boost line going to my AFC housing I found that today and she runs good now but thank you and I will look into a gsk . I i get a 3k kit BC I dont have the extra money to do valve springs and that whole thing yet to dothe 4k.?

Last edited by javelinamx1974; 10-24-2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Diesel Bomber

, well tightening the GSK has been known to cause some erratic running issues....

but glad you found out...

i'd rather spend 80-100$ on 4k GSK and later spend another 100$ on 60# valvesprings...

valvesprings are easy as pie to replace...

Search this Thread