Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

Hello, i have a 97 12valve it currently has 83000 miles, and im having what sounds like an air leaking or sucking issue. it sounds like its coming from the lift pump. it started at about 75000 miles thats when i completely deleted the fuel ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2012, 12:30 PM

Default sounds like air leak

Hello, i have a 97 12valve it currently has 83000 miles, and im having what sounds like an air leaking or sucking issue. it sounds like its coming from the lift pump. it started at about 75000 miles thats when i completely deleted the fuel preheater because i thought that was the problem and it wasnt. if i reach down and pinch off the fuel line with my fingers before the lift pump the noise will go away untill i let it go then itll come back. the fuel line comes from the tank directly to the lift pump. and the noise will go away everytime i mess with the fuel system, like when i replaced the fuel filter, but comes right back after i take it for a spin. it has no fuel plate, star wheel is all the way forward and the smoke screw is all the way in. the problem doesnt really seem to affect the power but i cant tell since its been getting progressivlly "worse". any help would greatly be appreciated. i really dont want to take it anywhere cus im low on funds and i like fixin my own stuff.
thanks mike
Old 10-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Diesel Bomber

ctd12v

View Member's FaceBook Profile

From what I hear, the seal around the plunger on the lift pump can allow air to leak in.

daveO's Sig:OUTLAW DB
AMSOIL dealer
*98 Cummins 12v, QC, SB, 2wd, 17* timing, DTT 47RE, HTB2 62/14, ATS Arc-Flow intake, ATS Exhaust manifold, DDP DV's, DDP Stage 4 140hp injectors, 3k GSK, #0 Plate, AFC mods, 5" Aussie stacks, gauges.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:14 AM

Alright ill check it out thank you

submit to reddit